Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

spur gear on rustler

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 03:59 PM
rustler1882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spur gear on rustler

So about a week ago my spur gear totally got worn down and was spinning in the breeze. Traxxas was nice enoug ho provide a spare but i noticed that the spare didnt have these little red "plugs" in the holes around the center of the gear, i ignored it and replaced it. ran fine untill last night when again the gear was spinning in the wind. I took off the gear which is in fine shape except for the area around the holes. it looks like they have something to do with the slipper clutch. The whole area was worn away by the metal of the slipper cluth but the holes are still there somewhat.... My question is A. why would the replacement not have these "plugs" in them, am i supposed to take them out of the original and shove them in the replacement one??? And if not where do i buy them or are they suppossed to come installed already on replacement gears. I hope im clear enough on my question.... but they are these little pale red 1/8 plugs that go all the way around the center of the gear and they must some how prevent the slipper gear from wearing away at the plastic of the gear itself.... HELP!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78976.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	304.8 KB
ID:	1227600  
Old 07-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: spur gear on rustler

Yeah them plugs are needed as far as I know, gives the plates something to slip on instead of the spur itself. You need to pull the old ones out and put them into the new one. They do not come installed or included in the spur, but are sold seperately.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:30 PM
dittch
Banned

those are called 'friction pegs'. traxxas uses them in several of their vehicles
you have to buy them separately, but you can just remove them from the old gear and put them in the new one, they last a long time

here they are: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJK92&P=ML
Old 07-07-2009, 05:12 PM
rustler1882

great thanks guys, i did pull the old ones out and put them in. Works better now but had to tighten up on the slipper a bit cause of the worn plastic