RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

rc10gt problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Rody63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc10gt problem

Hi everyone,

I got a question for you guys. I have an RC10GT (old school black tub chassis), with an O.S. CV-R engine in it (pulled from an RS4). Whenever I try to start the truck, it burns the fuel that's primed in the carb, but then stops. I've tried blowing fuel into the carb (by mouth), which primes it, but after it burns that fuel the engine dies. I've checked the glow plug, and looked around the carb for leaks. I've installed a new fuel tank, and fuel line, but it keeps doing the same thing.

I did have to swap carbs from a Dynamite TNT.12 engine, because the O.S. had a slide carb, and I couldn't figure out how to adapt the throttle link (I know now how to do it) from rotary to slide. I'm thinking there isn't enough exhaust pressure to push the fuel through, but I don't know how to check or fix that. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your help.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:08 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rc10gt problem

Make sure that the gasket around the header is not craked or broken. If it is you may be losing compression from there. How old is the motor?
Old 07-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Steven4shadow

hey guys i'm having trouble with my rc10gt it's old school too but i just got it from a friend with a load of problems does anybody know why a Car would go nuts for no reason and jump over railroad tracks..... okay it's a great car new battries and new servoes but the engine is stock, I think it maybe the battrie holder but i got know idea how to fix that
Old 07-04-2009, 12:46 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can find a bettery holder at any LHS. Very easy to fix. It is heald down with zip ties on the rear bumper and the wire routes to the receiver. Just remove the zip ties and un-plug it from the receiver. That's it.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:49 PM
DrDremel

Ya know...something similar happened to me when my battery fell off the gt2......the battery box went it it! Nope to self and all other GT2 owners......order spare battery boxes until you learn how to not land on them! lol!

Btw, instead of running AA batteries, upgrad to a 5-cell 6-volt rechargable hump pack.......MUCH better than running AA batteries.....also, install a On-Off switch it a external charging jack, so you never have to unplugg the battery to charge it.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:11 PM
dude7422

ORIGINAL: Rody63

Hi everyone,

I got a question for you guys. I have an RC10GT (old school black tub chassis), with an O.S. CV-R engine in it (pulled from an RS4). Whenever I try to start the truck, it burns the fuel that's primed in the carb, but then stops. I've tried blowing fuel into the carb (by mouth), which primes it, but after it burns that fuel the engine dies. I've checked the glow plug, and looked around the carb for leaks. I've installed a new fuel tank, and fuel line, but it keeps doing the same thing.

I did have to swap carbs from a Dynamite TNT.12 engine, because the O.S. had a slide carb, and I couldn't figure out how to adapt the throttle link (I know now how to do it) from rotary to slide. I'm thinking there isn't enough exhaust pressure to push the fuel through, but I don't know how to check or fix that. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

have you tried a new silicone fuel tubing from muffler to tank ..and pull elbow from tank it maybe pluged
Old 07-04-2009, 03:52 PM
bneterasedmynam

what size os engine is it? if its the .12 size they lose there compression fast compared to the .15 size ones. also check the seal on the head a little bit of dirt in there can keep it from pulling the fuel through.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:13 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

check the complete exhaust system for leakage ... most likely the coupler between the header and expansion chamber .... also my son stuck a pipe off a .21 on his losi/spd .12 and it did the same thing because the stinger was to big and the little engine couldn't build pressure in the tank ...
Old 07-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Rody63

OK, I wanted to thank you for your help on this. It turns out the high and low speed needles were gunked up on my truck. After I cleaned it, the truck runs like a champ. I appreciate the help. Now it's off for some fun with this thing!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Rody63

Ok, I have a new issue with my truck, that I'm hoping you guys can help me with. It's eating glow plugs like crazy. Once again, I'm using an OS CV-R engine. I don't know the size, but it was pulled off of an RS4 that I got in a trade. I'm using Trinity 20% fuel, and have tried OS8, Dynamite, McCoy, and Sportwerks glowplugs. The truck runs fine for a tank of gas, maybe revving on the high side, but then the glow plug doesn't work anymore. I've tried richening the high speed needle, but that doesn't help. Anyone have any suggestions on what to look at? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:03 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

if its a os cv 12 or 15 the basline carb settings are 2 turns out on the high speed needle and flush on the low speed needle. usually the reason glow plugs burn out right away is a lean condition on either needle ... hope this helps.