Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Firestorm 10t Not idleing

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 12:56 PM
shadowblade945

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firestorm 10t Not idleing

the truck starts fine but it wants to go forward (not super fast but it wont stay put either) im fairly sure i need to ajust the throttle servo because even with the idle screw backed almost out of the truck the carb is opean about 1/5 of the way, how do i do this or is this another problem entirely?

sorry im new to nitro..
Old 07-08-2009, 07:33 PM
bink 138

Default RE: Firestorm 10t Not idleing

I have a TRX 3.3, and it says there should be about a 1mm gap in the carb.

set that with your brakes on, then you know it's not a trim issue.

after that i would set the low speed needle back to factory/flush.

then i would adjust my throt trim so my brakes are just released.

then i would dial in the LSN.

but i'm new too, just finishing my first gallon.

gl

Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 PM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

Adjusting the throttle servo is not hard. There are a couple ways to do it. The easiest way is to take the screw off the top of the servo, pull the horn off and turn the horn to the desired position, then put it back on and put the screw back in, but this will adjust the brake linkage as well. The throttle linkage is also adjustable, some have a small set screw holding the rod, just loosen the screw, adjust the arm and then tighten the screw back down. Others have a small knob you can turn in and out to adjust the linkage. You want the brakes to engage slightly at neutral, the throttle to open fully when the trigger is pulled and the brakes to engage hard when the trigger is pushed.

But, before you change any of the linkages, check the throttle trim setting on your transmitter. You may have it turned up too high. If you place the throttle trim at center and the carb is still open, adjust the linkages. It's handy to have the throttle trim at center when you adjust the linkages/servo horn. That way when you want your truck to stay put all you have to do is turn the trim down and it will engage the brakes, holding your truck in place.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Chris_RC

When you brake, does the engines idle slow down like the carb is closing? Then you need to adjust throttle linkage.