Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Custom Rustler

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 06:59 PM
traxxassoilder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Rustler

Im looking to take a nitro rustler that I just bought and upgrade as much as possible...im starting off with an engine upgrade to a trx 3.3.... what things should I do next to increase the performance of the car?
Old 07-08-2009, 07:37 PM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Custom Rustler

What will you be doing with it? Bashing or Racing?
Old 07-08-2009, 08:21 PM
traxxassoilder

Bashing..but I like having the best of the best...so I will build it like im going to race it to an extent.... It mainly a project for me to pass time while im in iraq....I bought a used stock nitro rustler.....and have a year to work on it.....So im willing to do any mods that will make it a kick ass truck
Old 07-08-2009, 10:12 PM
worstluck

the rustler dosnt need much to make it into a tank. when i had mine i thought these were the most crucial

rpm arms
carbon towers
traxxas big bore shocks, but any shock with an aluminum body & cap will do
aluminum caster blocks

the trick to keeping it durable is keeping it light. there is a lot more you can do to make it handle better but those few things should keep you running long enough to find out how you want to tweak it.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:42 PM
MonsterKawi314
My Feedback: (1)

Most definitely a RPM Wide Front bumper. That is if they make it for the Rustler which I'm sure they should. This bumper is lightweight and can take a pounding. RPM doesn't make a whole lot of parts but what they do have is really good durable parts. If you're more leaning towards looks there is always alloy parts all over the internet. My Jato is alloy all over. But, like a coke can, if you smash it, it's done. If you are a more experienced driver and you know how to control the power of your Rustler, alloy looks great and still maintains the lightweight properties. There are also carbon fiber parts for the Rustler. Just look around you'll find stuff everywhere. Go check out the "Show off your ST" thread, under the "Nitro Stadium Trucks" topic. There are quite a few guys in there with some tricked out Rustlers. And I'm sure they can point you in the direction you are looking to go with it. Good luck, and when you get things rolling, post up some pictures.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:52 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just going to say the same thing. On page 2 of that thread there is a guy by the name of grandtheft. His Rusty is like 90% carbon fiber. Toward the end is usa98030. His Rusty is pretty sick also. Maybe you can PM them. I'm sure they will be able to help you out.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:24 PM
usa98030

traxxassoilder heres a pic of mine but its not really up to date. Just doesn't show the rpm arms all the way around. Quitnas is correct about asking grandtheft cause his is SOOO NICE! Grandtheft and I represent 1/10th of SEATTLE!!!

[sm=omg_smile.gif]

Old 07-11-2009, 09:01 PM
traxxassoilder

Nice looking truck thanks...how do you like those jayco wheels?.... I will post some pics of mine once i get it started.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:34 PM
MonsterKawi314

Can't beat the Jaco wheels for black top and nice pavement. Just don't try running them on fresh or new black top. It's like ice skating. But, for parking lot bashing, Jacos will be your best bet I think.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Monsterkawi. I run them on my Jato And they are awesome.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:24 AM
usa98030

The tires actually act a drifting tires also!!! I use them on brand new blacktop at local stores. The carbon fiber jaco's have less grip than the ordinary ones.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:33 AM
traxxassoilder

Thanks guys.....any other mods that you guys think might be useful im open to ideas...and any advice on the best places to order parts?

Old 07-13-2009, 03:41 AM
MonsterKawi314

Man, I'll say this, I get alot of the parts and stuff I need off of Ebay. For one, you can find great parts for incredibly cheap prices. My Jato is almost completely aluminum and I only have like $120 or less into it. Last minute bids are a **** man. And for two, most of the time, not always, you can get free shipping. Other places to look are like towerhobbies.com or even on rcuniverse.com in the buy and sell section. People are always selling good stuff on here. Good luck Holmes.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:21 PM
usa98030

I buy a bunch at on time from advance hobby because they alot of the "quickie sale"