Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Off-Road Track Tips

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Nitro Napalm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off-Road Track Tips

This whole forum is about nitro off-road stadium trucks. I'm pretty sure theres people here who race and bash on off-road tracks as well as just bash about local gravel pits etc..
I thought it would be a good idea to share and compare race technics to get fast lap times etc.. Iv'e looked around the whole sight and have not come across anything.

Tips to get better grip through maybe hop-ups or just driving technics or better speed etc.. I come across nothing but what hop up to get and how to fix the truck. Is it just me or do people not discuss this. IF you do know of a thread then that would be great.. anyway i thought i'd add my two cents:-

I love powersliding around the apex of the dirt track corner. Slowing to the corner and accelerating out of it for a continuing flow of the track. Its really pathetic if you don't have enough power though due to tuned too rich or just a low power engine that needs replacing because it fails miserably and you can just end up smashing into a wall [&o] .. its happened. Well thats what i found anyway.. feel free to add your little tips and such..

Yours,
Nitro Napalm
Old 07-10-2009, 04:52 PM
DrDremel

Default RE: Off-Road Track Tips

Slower is faster.... Consistancy wins more races than speed.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Very true!! Once you run a track several laps you can find the fastest lines quite easily; the challenge comes in trying to run those lines as fast, but consistently, as you can. You can run fast all day, but have to slow in the corners or save a car that's almost out of control and that costs you lots of time.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Chris_RC

What I found is fastest is if you go slow around corners but you are hugging the barriers. Here is a good example.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70ioimlwEL4[/youtube]

Do you see how the leader for most of the race is slowing down in the corner, and smothly accelerating out of corners. He isnt locking the rear wheels up and powersliding through the turn. Another good video, [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb5fx_SAP0k&feature=related[/link]. Also, a slower engine will make you faster, especially on a small track. With a slower engine you will be more controlled and smoother.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Nitro Napalm

Thats amazing, i eat my words then. weird enough the first time i took the track i was going real slow but less mistakes.. i think its just the "fast and furious" side of me that kicks in and belts it around corners.. cheers for them tips.. also could not help noticing them trucks were electric.. does that make them easier to race because of less problems?
Old 07-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Chris_RC

First video was electric, second video was gas truck. I think nitro gies you more 'late night' working than electric but at the track maintence is minimal. Electric still has maintence, and they are just as fun to race I have been running gas 1/8 buggy lately and next weekend I am going to be running stock truck at that track I linked, ocrc.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:54 PM
drewmaloy
My Feedback: (7)

fast or slow... i beleive it's just finding that speed to take the apex at before you start to loose traction. i don't race kits yet but i did run in the scca. keep this thread moving guys. great start! thanks peace