Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Losi truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:16 AM
rolla1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi truck

i have losi studium truck that i have just recently installed an .18 os engine in and the problem i am having is my starter box seem to be having trouble rolling it over. This is the starter box i have http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMPP5&P=MLi find that i just stall the starting wheel which can't be doing to much great for the box it self. i found another box that would probably start the motor http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCUC2&P=MLbut i was just wondering should i ditch the old box and buy this new box? Since it seem like the old duratrax is a little under powered. Thanks

Old 07-15-2009, 12:27 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Losi truck

Your problem could be 1 of a few things.

1.first check to make sure your box is lined up properly with the flywheel of the engine. if the starter box is rubbing on the chassis of you car at all it will seem like it can't turn the engine over and it will even "stall out" your box. I have had this happen on a Hyper 7 buggy. Once I got every thing lined up properly it spun the engine like it was supposed to.

2. what engine did you install? and is it brand new? I have broken in both the OS 18 CVR and the OS 18TZ both eninges when new have an insane amount of pinch making it very difficult to turn the motor over. Try heating up the head to about 200 degrees and loosen the glow plug by about a half a turn before you start it. It will be much easier to turn the motor over this way just make sure you tighten the glow plug back up before you start to drive your car around or it will vibrate loose and the car will stall.

3. Is your starter box fully charged? if not charge it up and try again.

4. Is the engine flooded? when engine flood they become very hard to roll over

Your problem could be a combination of any of these propblems.

Good luck I hope you get it running!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:28 AM
rolla1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losi truck

The engine I installed is an 18 CVR and i am on my last tank before it is fully broken in. I have had problem with starting this engine with my starter box thoughout the break in process. Sometimes i would get lucky and get it start first shot and then once it was warmed up to temp it would start great there after. You are definitely right about the amount compression this motor has, its alot.... I will try heat the head up like you said and hopefully i have better success. Thank you very much