Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

HPI MT2 issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 05:55 AM
Skunkworx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI MT2 issues

I've had my MT2 for quite some time now, but find myself hardly ever using it because I just can't seem to keep the thing going. It's retarded fast with the .18 upgraded motor and 2-speed tranny, but I can't for the life of me figure out why I keep throwing dogbones or steering knuckles. I got it sorted out that the plastic wears and the bolts fall out of the knuckles (started epoxying them in). Just as I got that sorted out, I started throwing the bones out and have parked the truck once more. I got some new dogbones this weekend and am planning on tinkering with it some more tomorrow, but I was hoping to see if anyone else had any problems like these and how you might've fixed them. I really don't want to give up on her just yet, but I'm at wit's end!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Rody63

Default RE: HPI MT2 issues

Hmmm, I've not had that problem with the MT2. I did have the bolts stripping out of the knuckle problem, and ended up buying alloy knuckles and then threadlocking the bolts in. Try flexing points on the arm to see where it gives. Somewhere the plastic is bending and allowing the dogbones to be ejected. I've done that with other trucks, and it's allowed me to find out why they're flexing. Good luck. Hopefully you'll find it.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:55 AM
hpidude101

hey skunkworks where did you get your 2 speed tranny? and like rody said get the alloy steering knuckles they are great
Old 07-17-2009, 09:55 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

skunk try cutting a lil piece of fuel tubing up (or they sell little red o-rings) and putting it in your diff shafts cup to push it a little bit farther into the axel's cup. My RS4 was doing the same thing the other day the dogbone looked snug but there was just enough play with it to pop out. Just make sure the wheel still turns freely and you should be good.