Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

jato 2.5 wont idle with wheels touching

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

jato 2.5 wont idle with wheels touching

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:38 PM
freerida69a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jato 2.5 wont idle with wheels touching

My friend bought a jato 2.5 a couple years ago and it has ran pretty good until now(he hasnt driven it much maybe 2 gallons max, I completely tore it downand seled the engine i put it back in it last night and put the carb back to factory settings. it fired up pretty easily but the easy start just spins most of the time, it will catch and turn it over and i can get it started within 2-3 minutes of turing it over, but why does it spin!? one way bearing?!? and once it does fitre up the rear wheels have to be not touching the ground for it to idle. truck runs like a bat out of hell when you tune it but i have to be careful because it will die if not on the gas(idle screw set to 1 mm) any help at all would be appreciated as i have a broken leg and its hard to run to it all the time and geter going! thanks guys sorry for the novel.....
Old 07-18-2009, 02:00 AM
usa98030

Default RE: jato 2.5 wont idle with wheels touching

Check the clutch shoes if they are broken.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:03 AM
freerida69a

k im not very familiar with clutches, so which one? the clutch bell one on the motor or the slipper? can you explain why it will cut out when the wheels touch if its the clutch i dont understand....
Old 07-20-2009, 01:56 PM
shadowblade945

I had exactly the same problem with my HPI Firestorm and the problem was that my clutch spring had broken and was not allowing the gear to disengage. This makes the engine stall/die if you force it to stay still and a pain in the rear to start because its starting under a load. I ended up replaceing the stock 2 shoe clutch with the 3 shoe carbon clutch for the Savage. $15 bucks and problem solved. Not sure if it will fit a jato tho, but i bet someone around here will
Old 07-20-2009, 02:11 PM
freerida69a

ok, the clutch shoes were worn out, they were flat 90% of it then there was a bige ridge that wasnt worn, so it was grabbing. Anyways does anyone have an idea why my ez start just spins and doesnt turn the motor over? whenever i clean the shaft where the owb is it usually rolls over good until gas somehow gets on it.