Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

coming back to the rc world after many years

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

coming back to the rc world after many years

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 02:07 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coming back to the rc world after many years

i got out of the sport when the xtm xcellerator was released and yes its been along time and im ready to come back. ive been looking into a jato 3.3, but im not 100% sure if there is something better then that? maybe someone can point me in a good direction.

ive never really been into nitro ive been electric for along time but i want to try something else. im basicly looking for something fast, good offroad and onroad and can take alittle bit of a beating.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:47 PM
hollow_point

Default RE: coming back to the rc world after many years

i got a hpi firestorm a cpl weeks ago and love it. its quick, awesome off-road, and even on road with some good tires, and i havent had any problems with it so far. they can take a beating and just get back at it. im really happy with it so far and there are a ton of hop ups for it as well
Old 08-01-2009, 04:51 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

hows the speed of it?
Old 08-01-2009, 04:57 PM
hollow_point

its quick, i think they can reach speeds of about 40mph. its fast for a stadium truck. to show you how much power they have, my stock tires in the rear were completely flat in less than 2 weeks. i was able to lay patches down on the asphalt numerous times, and with a proper tune, u can pull of wheelies pretty easily
Old 08-02-2009, 08:15 AM
R/C Lightweight

It all depends what you want to do with the truck. Jatos are nice for the asphalt, pretty fast at 60+. However, IMO, they don't handle near as well on a track or off road as an Associated GT2 or Losi AD2. All nitro stadium trucks are good for around 40 mph box stock, with the exception of the the Jato (2-speed tranny). Remember that more speed = more broken parts after a crash. If it were me, I'd go for a GT2. They are rock solid and unrivaled at the track. The old saying still rings true for me "you just can't beat a GT". Welcome back, and have fun with whatever you decide. Most all the major manufacturers offerings are decent. You'll be happy with whatever you choose, especially the GT2!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Sable
My Feedback: (1)

jato 3.3

i have an awesome package for sale in the marketplace.

hopped up already and with a spankin new engine too.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:02 AM
FP 4LC4PON3

i wanst sure where to place the jato 3.3 since it can do some offroad, its good for onroad and i wasnt sure if it was a stadium truck lol.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:12 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Jato 3.3 IMO is a good overall performer. My Jato does awesome on road and lots of fun off road as well. If you just want to bash off road its good if you want to put it on a track my RC10GT is a better performer. The Jato though can take one hell of a beating. In the almost 2 yrs that I have had it the only time I had to repair major stuff is when it got run over by a car. So here is my take. And I am comparing the 2 ST's I have. On road the Jato blows the doors off my GT. Off road bashing they are pretty equal in performance but the Jato is more durable. And on a track the GT will blow the doors off the Jato. The Jato just really has to much power to put it down right on the track. Hope this little comparison helps.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:11 PM
R/C Lightweight

I just wanted to add something I overlooked. If you ever want to race your truck, the Jato is out of the question, as it is not race legal whatsoever. Just a little more food for thought. I'm not putting the Jato down, I actually like it alot (I use to have one), just not as much as my Associated.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:53 AM
hobson08

I think you should get the HPI MT2 G3.0 great stadium truck