Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Cleaning after Sitting for sometime

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Cleaning after Sitting for sometime

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 05:27 PM
msaunders300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning after Sitting for sometime

Hey Guys I purchased a Nitro truck a while ago and just got busy and had to put it on the back burner for sometime. I am now in the process of gettng it to running condition. Ijust have a few quick questions. #1 not so smart of me I left fuel in the gas tank and now it has turned into more of a thick liquid. Ihave read other posts on how to clean the gas tank and have cleaned it out with soap and water but still have some residue of gas and having difficuties getting rid of it. What is a good product to clean out the tank? I have heard of using fuel itself but I not sure if it will get rid of the gunk in the tank. Also Iam wanting to clean the Carburetor to make sure there is no dirt or anything in there. Can you use regular Carb cleaner or can you use WD 40? I am fairly new at this and dont want to screw it up before I get it back together. I would apprceiate any suggestions and look forward to your responses. Thanks

Mark

Old 08-10-2009, 08:17 PM
firestorm490

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cleaning after Sitting for sometime

the gunk in the tank will be cleaned with some new nitro fuel
the carb cleaner will clean the carb

the only problem i see is letting the car sit with fuel in it collecting water which couldve squezed into the engine itself as soon as you can after you clean the carb dumb (well dont exactly dump a few drops is all) some after run oil through the carb and in the glow plug hole

and if you are open to it in order to clean off dust and debris use compressed air
it works well