RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=- (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/5074112-%3Dofficial-hpi-firestorm-thread%3D.html)

BlindObject 08-31-2008 07:52 PM

RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

That looks okay, the K&N looks a lot better, for just $21

RCN2ZST 08-31-2008 08:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey racerx582000, those wheels i'm running are the stock wheels withe ProLine tires they're the Road Hawgs.

NitroNate 08-31-2008 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: BlindObject

ORIGINAL: NitroNate

BlindObject:I used medium rough sand-paper to polish my pipe.(I didn't polish the header)The main reason I polished my pipe is because the body was touching it and wore a big silver spot on the pipe.

Wait wait, SAND paper? To POLISH your pipe? Won't that SAND it? And leave it rough?
Rough?Only if you look at it 5in. away from you.Sanding is kinda' like a slow method of sandblasting,but it still serves the same purpose:Polishing.
Here is a pic.Sorry I don't have a better one of the pipe...
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh245/hpiman/020.jpg

3d-flyer-93 08-31-2008 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: yakfish

you need to adjust you throttle/ brake linkage. there should be a 1mm gap in the carb at neutral. there is nothing wrong with using the throttle trim when starting up your car, most people do that anyway for easier starting. of course when you are driving you be able to turn the trim all the way back down. I would say that the smoke around the flywheel is a different problem all together. your bearing is possibly leaking and would need to be replaced, or there could just be some fuel that spilled on a hot surface which could be why your car is smoking. another thing you should check for is you exhaust manifold. make sure that all the screws are tight. if they are loose you are going to have a hard time starting your engine. and that would also explain why your car is smoking. if there is any fuel spitting out around you exhuast manifold it will smoke when it touches the hot surface. I would bet that you are haveing at least one of these problems. I hope you don't have to go out and buy a new engine. if you do take a look at the hpi engine exchange program. unless you are wanting to upgrade which isn't a bad Idea!!:D
good luck.
I tightened everything I could get to and nothing was loose. the fly wheel has not smoked since that one time.
I tired firing it up again and I put it on a brick this time (normally start it on the ground) and the wheels were spinning pretty fast so when I put my hands over the wheels (so they wouldn't spin) the motor cuts of.
now whenever I put my hands on the wheels so they don't spin the motor cuts off.

the weird thing is it was running just fine the night before at the race and in the morning it just stopped working.

new22nitro 08-31-2008 09:42 PM

hey blind i was looking for the k@n that the brand i would rather have do you know site that sell them?

nitro-rob 08-31-2008 09:47 PM

3d flyer, check your clutch spring, sounds like its broken or worn and not disengaging. I had that problem with one of my trucks today, its pretty common.

3d-flyer-93 09-01-2008 08:35 AM

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

3d flyer, check your clutch spring, sounds like its broken or worn and not disengaging. I had that problem with one of my trucks today, its pretty common.
thanks.
I was thinking it might be that but wasn't sure.
whenever I turn the wheels I hear this weird squeaky noise.
also could water do something to the clutch spring? because the night before it stopped working I was running it through VERY small puddles (like someone spilled a drink. that small)

nitro-rob 09-01-2008 12:46 PM

I have no idea, just take the clutch bell off and take a look. I wouldn't try to make sense of the behaviour changing from one ride to the next but there could be some rust inside that isn't helping it.

3d-flyer-93 09-01-2008 05:54 PM

I took it apart and it was the clutch spring.

BlindObject 09-01-2008 08:05 PM

My firestorm came with a HPI radio TF-1.

And I already had the TF-4. I need to sell my old car with a controller. Should I keep the new TF-1 or the more worn out TF-4? Is there a big difference?

The only difference I found is that the TF-4 has a third channel switch and the trims are on the side, not the top like the TF-1.

Watchu guys think?

NitroNate 09-01-2008 09:09 PM

EENY MEENY MINEY MOW!No differance really...

BlindObject 09-02-2008 12:14 AM

My firestorm beat a JATO today.

Remember kids! Always fine tune your car!!

Skruffy 09-02-2008 10:19 AM

Hey folks, first post and all that..............
am new to nitro cars, LOVING it!!! i do have a question about my firestorm though if anyone can help would be much appreciated!
i accidentally unscrewed the idle screw too far so have re fitted it, thing is i dont know how the rotary valve looked before i fitted it myself, in the manual it shows the 1mm gap in the centre of the hole, i can only get it sitting slightly to the left of centre and you can see a little bit of the cut out section of the rotary valve when the throttle is closed are they all like that or have i screwed it in wrong!?

BlindObject 09-02-2008 11:16 AM

Mine shows some too, I think it's fine. Just make sure there's the 1mm gap in the actual carb hole.

BlindObject 09-02-2008 12:22 PM

The most annoying thing about the firestorm: The 4565 screws it takes to unscrew to get the top plate out. I need to get the two piece graphite one.

NitroNate 09-02-2008 08:37 PM

You beat a Jato!?!?In speed or take-off or what??Was it a 3.3?

How much have you beaten your storms?Lets see some action![>:]

Here is the hardest beaten I commenced![>:] http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...estormBash.flv

Here is a video of my Firestorm W/CV-RX in it,showing the barn cat who's territory she's acually on.:) http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...mcatattack.flv

A mild beating at the track: http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...estoy_0001.flv

(Some of you may have seen these allready.)

BlindObject 09-03-2008 12:22 AM

Yepp, 3.3. In take off it barely kept up with me, but in speed my Storm outrun him big time. I think his needles are screwed up.

I'll take a video this thursday when I hit the nearby dirt track. k?

Skruffy 09-03-2008 04:45 AM

Thanks very much for your help!

241 racing 09-03-2008 06:51 AM

Yepp, 3.3. In take off it barely kept up with me, but in speed my Storm outrun him big time. I think his needles are screwed up.

I would say something is screwed up cause a jato 2.5 will smoke a storm,I know cause I have one.If the Jato is tuned right and the driver can drive you would have no chance so keep dreaming:D

new22nitro 09-03-2008 08:32 AM

I just got all the parts to fix my storm i was out there in a sand pit at a golf course and it was tearing it up i tuned it a bit and it running almost full speed i love it there isnt anything like a fun night out stormin lol im getting a bunch of stuff for my birthday from my wife tell me wat you think im going to first get alm. a arms and alm skid plate that the most i break so i need to renforce it and than wheels and tires and the intake i posted before wat you think so far

BlindObject 09-03-2008 09:14 AM

ORIGINAL: 241 racing

I would say something is screwed up cause a jato 2.5 will smoke a storm,I know cause I have one.If the Jato is tuned right and the driver can drive you would have no chance so keep dreaming:D
Hm..Idk about that. I believe if the 3.3 was tuned right it could kill my firestorm, but a 2.5? Naah.

241 racing 09-03-2008 01:42 PM

Hm..Idk about that. I believe if the 3.3 was tuned right it could kill my firestorm, but a 2.5? Naah.

LMFAO:D KEEP DREAMING.A firestorm is slow a jato is not 6o mph plus with a jato,35 maybe with a storm.You must be new to rc or the storm is your first nitro cause a firestorm is far from being on pace with a Jato.Keep dreaming a jato will flat out smoke your mighty storm:DMaybe your just Blind and thought you won.

nitro-rob 09-03-2008 01:46 PM

Children....they are just nitro trucks.

IronHorse10 09-03-2008 01:56 PM

I just painted my Firestorm out of boredom, but I think it looks pretty badass now.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...0/P1010080.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...0/P1010081.jpg

BlindObject 09-03-2008 02:01 PM

LMFAO:D KEEP DREAMING.A firestorm is slow a jato is not 6o mph plus with a jato,35 maybe with a storm.You must be new to rc or the storm is your first nitro cause a firestorm is far from being on pace with a Jato.Keep dreaming a jato will flat out smoke your mighty storm:DMaybe your just Blind and thought you won.
I've been in nitro for many years, but like I said before, I haven't seen a JATO 2.5 run, so I can't really tell. But the JATO 3.3 that I ran with kinda sucked. I think it wasn't tuned. And the Storm beating the Jato was definite. We're gonna tune his Jato today.

Also, that paint job look better then any of the stock paint jobs lol. What paint did you use?