RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=- (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/5074112-%3Dofficial-hpi-firestorm-thread%3D.html)

1ne8ighty2wo 01-20-2010 08:46 PM

RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

I thought I'd let you all know that I am now firestorm-less. I plan to pick up an MT2 or something like it in the next few weeks. I'll probably go back to the storm if I don't like whatever I get next as it was a great ride.

Road Warrior 01-20-2010 09:57 PM

I dont think they will. I use the jato vented disk and pads but i got those before new era sold the vented disk for the storm. Either way you go braking will be a whole differant world. My brother uses a dual disk setup and doesnt like it because they are all or nothing with the trucks being so light. Get the aluminum brake arm too. The plastic one will get warm and flex instead of stop and it is only $5 anyways.

bushhiker 01-21-2010 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HPI announced a new 1/10 scale Stadium truck!!! The Bullet st 3.0 It looks like a new version of the MT2

I may have to buy this!!

http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...01400⟨=en

Blueroost40 01-22-2010 03:17 PM

Hey guys. I have a bit of a problem. Minus my firestorm barely being able to idle properly, my throttle and brake servo thingy stopped working. It has been twitching for about a week and it just gave up and does not move atll when i push the brake or gas. Please help me!?

1ne8ighty2wo 01-22-2010 08:15 PM

did you check/replace your batteries? does the steering servo work?

Road Warrior 01-23-2010 03:07 AM

How's it going guys? Took the dirt storm out today and was amazed at the performance it still gives. This thing started on the first pull and with it being moded it was actualy hard to control. It is a tire spinning flipping over machine. Finally will have a home computer going next week so i will be able to post current pics and videos. Yeah it sounds like your servo crapped out. I actualy have a question. I have a spektrum dx3 and use jr digital servos on the street truck with flawless performance. On the dirt truck i have a cheap hitec for throttle and the hpi for steering because of the better hitec mg servos do nothing but go crazy. If i use the old jr fm controler they work fine. I was wondering why that happens?

Goldski 2 01-23-2010 08:15 PM

today i tried running my firestorm in 3 inches of snow w/paddles, it actually ran great the whole time and by the end it was so covered in snow that i couldent even see any of the parts but then engine, im driing it out now

belial 01-23-2010 08:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i received my firestorm today, installed tactic radio, tires and gyro, truck is great, but when gyro is connected everything goes OK for 1 minute and then steering just goes left (or right) and stays in that position and wont work anymore, any ideas? when gyro is disconnected everything is fine, if i connect a 4AA batterie pack to feed the radio receiver it will also feed the gyro and servo and everything works fine (no lipo connected)

edit:after further investigation, problem was either insuficient power from ESC to RX (and gyro and servo) or excesive power if i connected the 4AA batterie pack at the same time (with the lipo) the car would behave strange (no acceleration and strange sounds) , so i installed an on/off switch between ESC and RX (leaving only signal and positive cables working), now gyro wont go crazy after a minute and steering power comes from another place leaving the entire lipo power to the engine and ESC, so i guess that is not so bad.

nitro-rob 01-23-2010 08:32 PM

Sounds like fun. I switched to my e-firestorm for the winter. It isn't great driving in near zero degree weather on the street. All it does is spin out of control. Maybe I should invest in a set of paddles and go out in the snow although there isn't much of that right now either.

nitro-rob 01-23-2010 08:39 PM

What do you mean by a gyro?

Goldski 2 01-26-2010 05:23 PM

I used traxxas jato wheels, but u need the adapter nut so that the fit on, also ur so lucky it dosent snow down there, cause here in canada i cant even go 1/8 to speed with out spinning out

Blueroost40 01-27-2010 06:10 PM

Hey guys i need some help. Ive got a funny feeling that the spring that holds my clutch shoes is snapped or somethings wrong. So my question is how do you get the clutch bell off without taking the engine out of the car and only using basic tools(no specail nitro rc tools)

bushhiker 01-27-2010 07:54 PM

I'm sorry but ur going to have to take the engine out :(

ORIGINAL: Blueroost40

Hey guys i need some help. Ive got a funny feeling that the spring that holds my clutch shoes is snapped or somethings wrong. So my question is how do you get the clutch bell off without taking the engine out of the car and only using basic tools(no specail nitro rc tools)

Blueroost40 01-27-2010 08:32 PM

Is there no tool that can hold the flywheel while i take off the nut that holds the clutch bell on?

nitro-rob 01-27-2010 08:41 PM

I can't remember how the G3 engine sat in there but I thought you could remove the clutch bell if you remove the spur gear? As far as holding the flywheel - there is no tool for it, you just have to be creative there. Its easiest to remove the engine.

Blueroost40 01-27-2010 09:01 PM

I did remove the spur gear before attempting to remove the clutch bell but the nut that holds it on is quite tight and its hard to hold the flywheel b/c i dont want to damage.

Goldski 2 01-27-2010 09:32 PM

I would try shoveing something inbetween the flywheel and the bottem part of the chassis to keep it from turning, also to loosen the bolt try heating it up with a lighter or something like that

Blueroost40 01-28-2010 11:39 AM

I've decided im going to take the motor out. Unfortunately my alan key thought it would be funny to only let me get 3 of the 4 bolts out and is now slipping on the last one.

Goldski 2 01-28-2010 08:59 PM

lol that happened to me while back

Blueroost40 01-28-2010 11:27 PM

I just finished taking out my motor only to realize that my clutch spring is perfectly fine(that was the whole reason i was taking my motor out). Someone please help me. I start my car and after it warms up it idles fine and when i lift the back off the ground i can accelerate, but when i put the back end on the ground and accelerate the motor dies. PLEASE HELP!

JUBE 01-29-2010 01:42 AM

What do think of the new hpi bullet with firestorm heart?

bushhiker 01-29-2010 09:53 AM

I would change the clutch to a savage 3-shoe it will improve performance and you wont believe the difference

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...LXGWY3&P=7

ORIGINAL: Blueroost40

I just finished taking out my motor only to realize that my clutch spring is perfectly fine(that was the whole reason i was taking my motor out). Someone please help me. I start my car and after it warms up it idles fine and when i lift theback off the ground i can accelerate, but when i put the back end on the ground and accelerate the motor dies. PLEASE HELP!

Blueroost40 01-29-2010 11:19 AM

I may do the savage 3 shoe clutch in the spring but i want to figure out the problem first. Do you know what it might be?

ro.sniper 01-29-2010 11:44 AM

Could you try setting the idle slightly higher?

Blueroost40 01-29-2010 01:01 PM

Last time i had it running i tried that then my antenna snapped, just my luck, but i think i had the 1mm gap and was still having the same problem.