RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   Official RC10GT Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/796271-official-rc10gt-thread.html)

blazed4twomp 02-23-2006 04:12 PM

RE: Official RC10GT Thread

Check out the site i just made.. I have an rc10gt+ with an o.s. .18 on it :D http://freewebs.com/kovertrc

J_Bone 02-23-2006 04:16 PM

Nothing on it...just your banner.

brennan l 02-23-2006 10:01 PM

hi alll i was wonderin how bad of an idea is it to temprorarely hard mount my front suspension? could this cause a major change in handleing? thanks

sfleuriet 02-23-2006 10:19 PM

ORIGINAL: brennan l

hi alll i was wonderin how bad of an idea is it to temprorarely hard mount my front suspension? could this cause a major change in handleing? thanks
Without shocks? hah I wouldn't recommend that.. :)

J_Bone 02-23-2006 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: brennan l

Are you serious?

GTdirtracer 02-24-2006 01:06 AM

ORIGINAL: J_Bone

Which OS do you have and how is the Picco? I want a faster motor with better fuel mileage and I have come credit at Nitro House and that Picco is priced good too if it's faster than my OS .12 cv-r??

im not shure witch o.s. i have but i think its the .12 crv with pullstart, as for the picco i love it, exelent fuel mileage, holds a tune very well runs under 210 all day long and i only paid like 120 for it but its discountinued now but the ones at nitro house are good but looking at them i see they are slide carbs so it is alittle harder to mount and you have to have an fm radio with epa

hanney 02-24-2006 08:38 AM

i need a racing motor, im getting upgrades and im going to race it[>:] dirt racer said to go with the picco but said its discontinued, what to get:eek:

J_Bone 02-24-2006 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: hanney

i need a racing motor, im getting upgrades and im going to race it[>:] dirt racer said to go with the picco but said its discontinued, what to get:eek:
NovaRossi !!!

GTdirtracer 02-24-2006 04:53 PM

novarossi or picco they still make piccos just not the one i have i got the last one, i think, its still new like only a gallon threw it and still getting faster:D

brennan l 02-24-2006 06:17 PM

yeah im serious im tooo cheap to buy new and i blew out my font shocks tryin to jup it off my house.dant ask why but i got a rossi engine out of it so i though that wasnt a bad price to pay. thanks brennan

J_Bone 02-24-2006 08:14 PM

What blew out? o-rings or did you actually bend something? The shocks are rebuildable for cheap.

brennan l 02-24-2006 10:24 PM

well this is kinda bad but i ran it into a culvert and blew off the whole front end a ripping the engine in half so the shocks are bent. also does anyone have an engine they are willing to get rid of kinda cheap becuse someone gave me some kind of motor called an SMT and it wont work on an rc-10 thanks brennan

GTdirtracer 02-25-2006 07:17 PM

check ebay or even www.nitrohouse.com for a motor, a reabuild kit is like 10bucks and shafts are like 3 bucks

brennan l 02-26-2006 08:38 PM

um i ripped the whole engine block in half. will a hpi .15 fit in an r10 because the motor i trade a 4-tch for doesnt fit

hanney 02-26-2006 09:47 PM

can i get a link to the novarossi or the picco?

or ill get a os .18 cv rx, what type of shaft should i get?

edit- and ive seen this motor on alot of rc10's [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBZ15&P=ML]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBZ15&P=ML[/link]

brennan l 02-26-2006 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: hanney

what type of shaft should i get?

i had the same question here too

GTdirtracer 02-26-2006 10:46 PM

threaded and then you have to cut it and buy a 5 dollor part from accosiated

brennan l 02-27-2006 06:12 PM

kool but cut it cant u just buy A short saft motor

GTdirtracer 02-27-2006 06:29 PM

mayby all my motors i cut cause its not a problem and all the better motors need to be cut

brennan l 02-27-2006 07:04 PM

oh ok i have a 2 gear clutch bell on that smt motor and it will not even pretend to fit

blazed4twomp 03-01-2006 04:25 PM

Has anyone with a .18 os cvr found out what the top speed is? I have only got 44 so far, with minimal tuning and little road tires.

sfleuriet 03-01-2006 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: blazed4twomp

Has anyone with a .18 os cvr found out what the top speed is? I have only got 44 so far, with minimal tuning and little road tires.
I have my gear mesh really tight, but even if I loosed it I don't think I could get much more than about 40mph with mine either. It just doesn't seem to be a really good top-speeder. But then again, I compare that to my old Tower .15 motor which I ran wayyyyy too lean, so that would account for the insane (for that motor) top speeds I could get. I only had it "clocked" once when I raced a friend up the street while he was driving his 1:1 truck. He said it was going about 35-40mph.

I might try to get mine clocked or even buy a radar gun, but I doubt it'll be much (if any) more than around the 40's. I prefer acceleration over top speed though any day for the bashing that I do!! [8D]

Oh also - I run mine pretty rich anyways - Runs a lot cooler, and the motor will last longer! And man I get totaly insane fuel mileage with my motor and kickbutt fuel tank.

minimus 03-03-2006 01:34 PM

gear mesh has absolutely nothing to do with top speed. maybe i misunderstood you pilot wings but thats what i got from your last post.

the .18 doesnt rev all that high so you wont really see a speed increase without changing your gearing. it makes a ton of torque though so you can gear it way up and see a top speed gain.

brennan l 03-06-2006 05:17 PM

how does a o.s. cv .12 do on an rc 10? i have heard good things abought these engines and they aare cheap thanks

sfleuriet 03-08-2006 01:24 PM

I've got a new RC10GT that I bought from my friend, and I'm having a problem with it. He's coming over today after school to look at it, but I thought I'd just ask you guys first.

So basically, I'll start up to motor and hold the truck down with the tires pressed against the ground pretty hard. When I rev the motor, the spur gear spins around, but the wheels don't. It's not a gear mesh problem, and it's not a axle pin, wheel, or hex problem.

The guy I bought it from thought it was just something that needed to be tightened or adjusted. I thought I tried tightening that slipper/spur screw and put it really tight, but I may be wrong. I also don't have a socket that will fit other than the plastic one the RTR kit comes with (he included all of that), so it makes it hard to get as tight as a metal socket would.

I have another question too - late last night when I was removing the screws to get the tranny off, I broke the only allen wrench I have that fits those screws. It must be a very odd size... I have a set of about 10 Standard allen wrenches, and a set of 8 Metric wrenches. None of them fit right. Where can I buy a tool set or something that will fit these odd-sized allen screws and nuts?

Thanks guys