Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Any Tip For Using Bob Divleys?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 11:14 AM
RobH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Tip For Using Bob Divleys?

I had my LHS order me a bottle of this stuff. Do you guys had any do's, dont's, tips or tricks before I start in on my body? I don't have an air brush or even an air compressor so I'll have to brush it on. Also I have pin striping that I was going to use for masking striaght lines, borders and accents. Do I lay the pin striping down and then brush the Dilvey's over it? I'm also really curious what kinds of brushes work best to apply this stuff.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:14 PM
bcmorris

Default RE: Any Tip For Using Bob Divleys?

I'm fairly new at painting bodies, but I love liquid mask. I just picked up a 1/2" or so width brush at my LHS to put it on with. Just grab anything that can brush it on, you're not worried about it looking good like a paint job so brush type won't matter much, imo. It is much easier to work with if you put it on thick (at least 2 thick coats). The thinner it is, the harder it is to get off -- it comes apart in smaller pieces and makes a mess.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Stalefish

Can you apply liquid masking overtop dry lexan based paint?? Or will it peel off the paint with it??

Jay-
Old 06-22-2004, 09:07 AM
otterball21
My Feedback: (1)

I second that.. I put from 5-10 coats on..
Thin coats. Like I brush it on. Let it dry.. brush on some more.. let it dry.. and keep repeating... I just do that for one day. To get a good thick coat. Like said before, the thinner it is.. the more pain of a butt it is! you can pin stripe and then brush Bob Dively's on afterward. No problem. I find with masking tape, you cut the design on a cd cover.. then stick it on.. like your own sticker.