Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Bogie

Old 12-30-2011, 12:48 AM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogie

Hello all,

I was going through some pictures the other day and I came across one from a while back of (I think) Roy Speights with an airplane of his called the Bogie. It looks like a sexier, beefier Hydeout. What's the deal on it, anybody reemember? Was it a one-off or a kit? Wood or glass?

It's a neat airplane and I'd like some more information on it. I wish I could upload a picture, but I just have one printed out and it probably wouldn't scan well enough to try. If anbody needs a memory refresher, I can try to scan it. I tried to get one from an archived copy of Steve Klaus' website, but that was the ONLY image on the page that was not saved any larger than the thumbnail.

I realize this is a shot in the dark as it would likely be only D7 people that would know about it, and it was probably back in 2002 or 2003 when he flew it.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:56 AM
riot3d

Default RE: Bogie

Ryan,

Roy designed & flew it for one or two seasons, it was an all wood plane. Then, sold it to someone at our contest in Richmond.

Adrian
Old 12-30-2011, 11:43 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

Ryan, Roy is a member in my club. I can see if I can contact him and pass along your contact info.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 PM
dreadnaut
My Feedback: (5)

I came across this while going through old posts. Roy sold it to Ralph DePalma, who in turn sold it to me. I flew it at a contest in Las Vegas in '03 or '04, running a Webra 1.45. Lost it in practice a couple of months later