Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

D4 Calendar

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 04:31 PM
corch
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: D4 Calendar

Thank you Pete, Rick, and Mike for getting me information for your contests.  The calendar is updated.  Please be sure to get me your information regarding the five free t-shirts.

I'm still waiting to hear from Dave (Nats Warm up contest) and Bob/Tim regarding the Weak Signals contest.  Need more contest information and the information I need for the t-shirts.  You guys have email
Old 03-05-2012, 05:35 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

For the St clairsville contest, check out barkcamp state park. Camper cabins are $45/night. They are cabins with lights, refrigerator, 4 beds, keyed door, and permanent outdoor awning with a grill, lantern, and they provide gas. Best part? Plenty of juice inside for charging.

I reserved mine, so there is one camper cabin left. They also have nice permanent tent sites, and all the standard campground ammeneties

Would be fun to have another pattern guy next door. My girl and I are there Thursday night through Sunday.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:43 PM
corch

Hey guys we have some great weather here in D4/D5 (unlike last spring, knock on balsa, but lightly) and hopefully everyone is out practicing and shaking the winter cobwebs out of the thumb joints.  I plan on my second trip to the field on Sunday!  As opposed to last year when my second trip to the field was actually the Friday of the Nats Warmup contest last year!

We still need some information for the Nats Warmup contest, Weak Signals Contest, and the D4 finals.  CDs make sure you check your contest info here: http://nsrca.us/index.php/calendartop/events

Email me at [email protected] for additional information or corrections.  Event flyers can be attached in a pdf or .doc format.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:30 PM
djohnstone

I see a few questions here that I can answer. First up, the NATS Tuneup for Muncie is set for June 9-10. I sent in the sanction request a while back and haven't received it back yet. I guess I need to check on where it went. There isn't a contest in Hebron this spring because I just don't have time to do it and we didn't get much of a turnout in the past. It may get revived next year. It's looking more like the D-4 finals will be in Muncie the last weekend in September. We need to get Bob and Mark to make that decision final but I think that may be it. The runway in Hebron needs some work and we'll have to see if the club wants to do it. I hope that helps.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:36 PM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about fireworks at Muncie. I take it is not going to be approved.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:06 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

It might be a good idea for people to carpool to the contests this summer. I heard $6 gallon gas is coming. I know I can still make it but I'm worried that it'll keep attendance's down.
Dave thanks for doing the spring Muncie contest. Mike
Dennis I'll give you $6. Sounds like you really need it.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Jetdesign

Is the runway the main reason for not having the finale in Hebron? The club newsletters say the conversation comes up every month, but no decision is ever made. I just paid my dues, so I can head down next meeting and put the additional $.02 FWIW.

It's hard for me to get away for so many weekends - I was really counting on the 2 in Hebron to keep the total number at 4 or so. Maybe I'll be back at 1 or 2 contests again this season
Old 03-18-2012, 02:44 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$6 a gallon will hurt just going to work.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:56 PM
corch

ORIGINAL: djohnstone

I see a few questions here that I can answer. First up, the NATS Tuneup for Muncie is set for June 9-10. I sent in the sanction request a while back and haven't received it back yet. I guess I need to check on where it went. There isn't a contest in Hebron this spring because I just don't have time to do it and we didn't get much of a turnout in the past. It may get revived next year. It's looking more like the D-4 finals will be in Muncie the last weekend in September. We need to get Bob and Mark to make that decision final but I think that may be it. The runway in Hebron needs some work and we'll have to see if the club wants to do it. I hope that helps.
Thanks for the information Dave! Let me know when you have the sanction # and details like entry fees, etc. and I'll update the Flight Deck calendar.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:05 PM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

So did you get the Venus ready to go for the year?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:48 AM
douceym

The Nat's tune-up is now listed on the AMA site.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:47 AM
corch

ORIGINAL: d_bodary

So did you get the Venus ready to go for the year?
Almost. Fuel tank replaced and moved back towards CG. I'm trying it without the pump first. See what happens....Ilooped a bit a fuel line like the 3D guys do so I shouldn't get lean nose up. Hopefully be able to fly it next weekend.

All Ihave left to do is recovering the turtle deck. Had some fuel soaked wood due to a hairline seam in the covering....amazing how much gunk got in there through such a small area...

Sorry to hear about your Smaragd....

Igot some info from Bob Kane regarding the Weak Signals contest...so Iwill update both the Nats warmup contest and Weak Signals on the Flight Deck calendar tonight.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:14 PM
djohnstone

The main issue in Hebron is the runway. It is in lousy shape. I was flying today and we were talking about the need to fix it. We still have several months until September. If a miracle occurs in the next few weeks and the club decides to work on the runway, we'll see what it looks like. There is a plan to roll it. It needs it and it needs grass!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:47 PM
petec

There is a plan to roll it. It needs it and it needs grass!
Roll grass? Maui Wowie?

Sorry Dave but sometimes I just need to go for the low hanging fruit. Will we see you in St. Clairsville?
Old 03-22-2012, 07:14 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

The main issue in Hebron is the runway. It is in lousy shape. I was flying today and we were talking about the need to fix it. We still have several months until September. If a miracle occurs in the next few weeks and the club decides to work on the runway, we'll see what it looks like. There is a plan to roll it. It needs it and it needs grass!
Besides the rough field that's a tad too narrow it's a very nice location with great amenities. Mike
Old 03-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Jetdesign

I was out flying in Hebron today, and the condition of the field really does suck. We talked about having it rolled, and there is agreement to spend the money on a big Steam Roller, just the need for someone to pick it up and do the work. However, there also is a lot of agreement that rolling the field is hardly noticeable, and whatever you get out of it only lasts a couple of months; the ground is pretty susceptible to heaving especially near/on a flood plane made of sand.

The grass is another story, we didn't get there today...

It is a shame - the electric, canopy, open space etc make it a really great place to fly.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:28 PM
djohnstone

Yes Pete, I plan on being at St. C. The flying is always fun but the food and people are hard to beat, even if they are Steeler fans. I'm planning on stopping in Georgia next weekend to fly at the D2-D3 shootout, then heading on down to Florida for a few more days of vacation. A contest before Toledo should be interesting. I know I haven't practiced enough but who cares?
Old 03-26-2012, 07:13 AM
corch

If you really want to smooth it out, do what the golf course superintendents do:

aerating, topdress, overseed, and roll. A good roll lasts until the next good rain.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:22 AM
RC11
My Feedback: (7)

More contest info please?????

RC
Old 04-03-2012, 05:40 PM
corch

ORIGINAL: RC11

More contest info please?????

RC
All the contest information Ihave been given is here on RCUand here:http://nsrca.us/index.php/calendartop/events

Old 05-05-2012, 06:32 AM
rm
My Feedback: (27)

Anyone heard any more about  a Cleveland contest end of May?
Old 05-07-2012, 04:48 AM
petec

Anthony had considered it but last I heard from him, just a couple days ago, it is not going to happen.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:14 AM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I sent out a post to the list today about the Cleveland contest. Short answer, I can't get the field from the club.

Thanks a ton for all your help Anthony C (sportsman Anthony)!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:13 PM
corch

The 1st Annual Eastwings Precision Aerobatic Competition now has a flyer with specific directions, hotel and camping information, as well as.....

A SATURDAY NIGHT STEAK DINNER!!!

http://www.rcpilot.com/event_details.cfm?event_id=599