Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

The Phoenix new french F3A by CBmodélisme

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

The Phoenix new french F3A by CBmodélisme

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:15 AM
cmoulder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Phoenix new french F3A by CBmodélisme

ORIGINAL: highfly3D

my only reason to avoid the gas engine is they cant perform well in the masters sequence in comparison to a YS or electric power.
Having seen Matt fly the Masters sequence more than a few times with Aesthesis, IMHO this is not accurate.

This is a gasser that can do the verticals with no sweat and without spooling up high rpm's. The noise level (or lack thereof) is something that has to be seen to be believed. Sounds like an incredibly well set up OS 1.60 (glow) with only the lack of a smoke trail telling you that something special is happening.

Take Matt up on his offer to see for yourself.

After seeing this model fly I sometimes think I abandoned the gasser option a little too quickly, but for a while there it seemed that Syssa was the last, best hope and I didn't have the patience to wait it out. However, I do not regret going electric.

I just want a reliable machine that doesn't cost a lot to operate and maintain.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:36 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cmoulder

Having seen Matt fly the Masters sequence more than a few times with Aesthesis, IMHO this is not accurate.

This is a gasser that can do the verticals with no sweat and without spooling up high rpm's. The noise level (or lack thereof) is something that has to be seen to be believed. Sounds like an incredibly well set up OS 1.60 (glow) with only the lack of a smoke trail telling you that something special is happening.

After seeing this model fly I sometimes think I abandoned the gasser option a little too quickly, but for a while there it seemed that Syssa was the last, best hope and I didn't have the patience to wait it out. However, I do not regret going electric.

Thanks Bob, electric reliability has come of age....Guys doing the E thing are blessed with all kinds of support from a bunch of sources. This will only continue to get better

Seeing is believing. Reliability of this small gassie has been amazing after the initial backplate hic-up on the OS33. Well over 60 hours of operation now. Look Ma, no4 strokemaintenace hassles; and NO SLIME!! LOL

We will soon see the Vanquish using the PTE 36R engine.

Either of these engines will work great on Benoit's new airplane the Phoenix. I suspect the new DLE35RA will work too. The rear exhaust engines make for simpler set-ups in pattern models

I assume weight of the new plane is no issue, heh Benoit??
Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Portlandflyer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

A few questions.

What is the weight of the regular fuselage versus the Evo?

Can the Evo be ordered with the T Can?

Shipping cost to the U.S?

Are they in stock?

Thank you

Old 10-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Chauvet Benoît

Hello,

The fuselage PHOENIX (kevlar / carbon) weighs 650g
The fuselage of PHOENIX ECO (fiberglass) weighs 850g so 200g difference.
Apart from the materials of the fuselage the kit of Phoenix ECO and the kit of Phoenix are similar.

The cost of PHOENIX ECO is 549 Euros
The cost of the PHOENIX ECO with T is 629 Euros

Transport costs for U.S are 196.43 Euros by FEDEX. Travel time is one week.

We do not stock, we manufacture to order for the moment. The shipping time is 3 weeks after confirmation of order.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Benoit Chauvet
CBmodélisme
www.cbmodelisme.com
Old 10-12-2012, 11:39 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: MTK

ORIGINAL: cmoulder

Thanks Bob, electric reliability has come of age....Guys doing the E thing are blessed with all kinds of support from a bunch of sources. This will only continue to get better

Seeing is believing. Reliability of this small gassie has been amazing after the initial backplate hic-up on the OS33. Well over 60 hours of operation now. Look Ma, no 4 stroke maintenace hassles; and NO SLIME!! LOL

We will soon see the Vanquish using the PTE 36R engine.

Either of these engines will work great on Benoit's new airplane the Phoenix. I suspect the new DLE35RA will work too. The rear exhaust engines make for simpler set-ups in pattern models

I assume weight of the new plane is no issue, heh Benoit??
I have been running YS four strokes for 11 years now and do not have any hassles with maintenance. As for "SLIME", with the cdi and 11% oil, there is very little oil to clean off the model.
Saying this i have been following your posts in regards to gas patternships. I have a valiant fuse which i am going to install a gas engine to. My OS GT33 has arrived and is waiting for me to pick it up. Should be an interesting exercise.

Regards
Scott
Old 10-13-2012, 06:00 AM
MTK

ORIGINAL: drac1

I have been running YS four strokes for 11 years now and do not have any hassles with maintenance. As for "SLIME", with the cdi and 11% oil, there is very little oil to clean off the model.
Saying this i have been following your posts in regards to gas patternships. I have a valiant fuse which i am going to install a gas engine to. My OS GT33 has arrived and is waiting for me to pick it up. Should be an interesting exercise.

Regards
Scott
Scott, great, and good luck with that....

Are you intending to use a piped set-up? Have you found a header?

I'm not sure how close fitting the cowl will be around the engine. You might need some baffling; nothing fancy just some close fitting ducting that will ensure proper cooling. I use 1/32" glassed balsa fitting within 1/4" of the cylinder fins. It has worked flawlessly in 95 degree heat
Old 10-13-2012, 06:04 AM
MTK

ORIGINAL: Chauvet Beno�t

The cost of PHOENIX ECO is 549 Euros
The cost of the PHOENIX ECO with T is 629 Euros

Transport costs for U.S are 196.43 Euros by FEDEX. Travel time is one week.

That's about 970$ delivered to the US. Benoit, I'll take one...

Where can I order?
Old 10-13-2012, 02:36 PM
drac1

ORIGINAL: drac1

I have been running YS four strokes for 11 years now and do not have any hassles with maintenance. As for ''SLIME'', with the cdi and 11% oil, there is very little oil to clean off the model.

Regards
Scott
Scott, great, and good luck with that....

Are you intending to use a piped set-up? Have you found a header?

I'm not sure how close fitting the cowl will be around the engine. You might need some baffling; nothing fancy just some close fitting ducting that will ensure proper cooling. I use 1/32'' glassed balsa fitting within 1/4'' of the cylinder fins. It has worked flawlessly in 95 degree heat
Hi Matt,

Reading other users findings, it seems like the GT33 has good mid range power. This would mean that there shouldn't be any need to chase that last bit of top end power and have the jump in RPM when it gets on the pipe. Also i didn't want to have to put in a pipe tunnel as this would also add weight.
Looking at exhaust options i have decided to use the Hatori header and muffler. With this set up i will only have to make a small tunnel for the muffler, 3-4 inches i think. I also think that this set up should give a smooth transition through out the rev range, being able to custom a throttle curve to give a constant power delivery from idle to full power. I will also trial the APC 20.5x10 as used on my 175cdi. Looking at the manual, this size is at the top end of the recommended prop size so should be ok.
I have also spoke with Merle Hyde and he is making me a soft mount. This mount will not require a nose ring so will simplify the engine mounting. It will not be as soft as with a nose ring, but i will see how it goes.
All up weight of the power system may be slightly heavier than the 175 set up, but if i need to i can mount the elevator servos in the stab to achieve the correct CG. In my current Valiants i use pull/pull on rudder and elevator.
The engine is here and the exhaust and mount should arrive late next week.
I've been contemplating a gas pattern ship for a few years now, so i'm looking forward to this.

Regards
Scott
Old 10-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Chauvet Benoît

Hello MattK,

I'll send you my bank details by email, so you can make your transfer.

Thank you for your order.

Best Regards,

Benoît Chauvet
CBmodélisme
www.cbmodelisme.com
Old 10-15-2012, 06:33 AM
MTK

Can you send a link to the Hatori exhaust system? A muffler might improve mid range transition a bit but would reduce overall torque capability.

Trying to turn the large props on muffler alone is a good experiment and something I want to watch. Please keep me informed of your progress
Old 10-16-2012, 01:47 AM
drac1

Can you send a link to the Hatori exhaust system? A muffler might improve mid range transition a bit but would reduce overall torque capability.

Trying to turn the large props on muffler alone is a good experiment and something I want to watch. Please keep me informed of your progress
Hi Matt, link below.

http://www.hatori-models.co.jp/

Scott

Old 10-16-2012, 03:52 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

ORIGINAL: highfly3D

my only reason to avoid the gas engine is they cant perform well in the masters sequence in comparison to a YS or electric power.
Sorry it took me a while to see this as I've been in the process of moving in to a new house. I completely disagree with your statements. Having won Masters this year at the NATS I have a reasonable idea of what it takes. I did fly electric this year, but I have flown Matt's stuff in the past and power certainly wasn't a problem. Matt knows what he is doing and his stuff works. When I flew his plane he was still flying the Syssa and I know he is getting more power out of the newer motors he is experimenting with. Just because others are saying YS and electric are the only viable options does not mean that is truly the case. I personally have no desire to fly gas or glow currently as I'm really enjoying electric and it works great, but Matt wouldn't be using it if it didn't work. Fortunately, for the hobby, we have people like Matt who like to experiment and try new stuff so that we don't have to. I remember when I did the Vanquish build thread and people said there is no way you could put a gasser on a Vanquish. A week later, he looks at mine and says, absolutely you can, and now he is showing people how. I would take Matt up on his offer to try his setup or quit making comments about what will or wont work.

Arch
Old 10-16-2012, 05:34 AM
MTK

ORIGINAL: Chauvet Beno�t

Hello MattK,

I'll send you my bank details by email, so you can make your transfer.

Thank you for your order.

Best Regards,

Benoît Chauvet
CBmodélisme
www.cbmodelisme.com
Benoit,

I apologize....I have to back off from this order. Sorry for the inconvenience
Old 10-16-2012, 05:47 AM
MTK

ORIGINAL: rcpattern

Sorry it took me a while to see this as I've been in the process of moving in to a new house. I completely disagree with your statements. Having won Masters this year at the NATS I have a reasonable idea of what it takes. I did fly electric this year, but I have flown Matt's stuff in the past and power certainly wasn't a problem. Matt knows what he is doing and his stuff works. When I flew his plane he was still flying the Syssa and I know he is getting more power out of the newer motors he is experimenting with. Just because others are saying YS and electric are the only viable options does not mean that is truly the case. I personally have no desire to fly gas or glow currently as I'm really enjoying electric and it works great, but Matt wouldn't be using it if it didn't work. Fortunately, for the hobby, we have people like Matt who like to experiment and try new stuff so that we don't have to. I remember when I did the Vanquish build thread and people said there is no way you could put a gasser on a Vanquish. A week later, he looks at mine and says, absolutely you can, and now he is showing people how. I would take Matt up on his offer to try his setup or quit making comments about what will or wont work.

Arch
Thanks Archie. Hopefully we'll hook up sometime soon so you can try the latest. It's surprising and maybe even eye opening.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:04 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

I'm sure we will Matt. Hopefully next spring, Conyngham will be back. I really missed that contest this year,

Arch
Old 12-15-2012, 03:59 AM
Chauvet Benoît

Hello,

Here are the pictures of the mold, and release the stratification of a fuselage of Phoenix

Benoit Chauvet
CBmodélisme
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50025.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1830130  
Old 12-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Chauvet Benoît

Name:	Jh14407.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1830131  
Old 12-15-2012, 04:01 AM
Chauvet Benoît

Name:	Xv64813.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1830132  
Old 12-15-2012, 04:03 AM
Chauvet Benoît

Name:	Tr51688.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1830133  
Old 03-02-2014, 04:19 AM
papaone

Received 130 Likes on 72 Posts

Hello

Some pics planes finished.
There are electric, glow and gas versions.
http://www.cbmodelisme.com/phoenix__..._voltige_rc.ws

Name:	phoenix04.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	1973953   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix08.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	459.6 KB
ID:	1973954   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix09.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	388.6 KB
ID:	1973955   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix11.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	558.4 KB
ID:	1973956   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix10.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	1973957   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix12.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	547.2 KB
ID:	1973958  
Old 03-15-2014, 08:56 AM
papaone

Hello

I painted the fuse plane Phoenix for a friend. I'm going to varnish and put the name.
Claude

Name:	phoenix09.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	388.0 KB
ID:	1978188   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix09a.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	1978189   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix09b.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	326.1 KB
ID:	1978190   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix10.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	410.2 KB
ID:	1978191  
Old 03-16-2014, 02:32 AM
ACH

see next post sorry

Last edited by ACH; 03-16-2014 at 02:37 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:37 AM
ACH

Interesting comment MTK.

Can I please ask:

What gas engine you use?
What model are you flying?
What is the weight of your model?
How many competitions have you entered and where did you place in those competitions.

ACH
Old 05-10-2014, 03:07 AM
papaone

Hello

I finished painting and varnishing the fuse.
Herve is going to cover wings and stab.
Claude

Name:	phoenix13.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	399.6 KB
ID:	1994036   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix14.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	300.5 KB
ID:	1994037   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix15.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	367.9 KB
ID:	1994038   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix16.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	361.0 KB
ID:	1994039   Click image for larger version

Name:	470344stabsphoenix.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	1994040   Click image for larger version

Name:	422631IMG9190.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	1994041   Click image for larger version

Name:	179503IMG9191.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	1994042  

Last edited by papaone; 05-10-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:47 PM
papaone

Hello

Friend of mine Hervé did maiden flights.

Name:	phoenix20.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	578.6 KB
ID:	2047479   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix21.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	680.4 KB
ID:	2047480   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix22.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	850.2 KB