Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

New Futaba sv servos

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Humm interesting I sort of have the same feeling on tracking with this airplane (Miss Wind)....but I taught that was just a function of me coming back to flying after so long and this smaller aircraft with a very powerful rudder.....I'm going to take my Savox out and try a better one, thank you....
Old 10-21-2013, 03:45 PM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Alex,

I experienced the same thing on my Nuance, drove me bananas for a bit. I have about 6 different types of them and that was the only model that had way to much freeness in the gear train. I have been experimenting with them since last year. Overall, I am pleased with them.

On Another Note; I have been running mini digitals on elevators since 2007 on YS 170's and my electrics and they work just fine. The YS will beat the pots up after 100 -200 flights, electric is no problem. The bottom line is everyone will use what's always worked for them. I've had good and bad experiences with all the big names, dosent make them all bad.

Bill

Originally Posted by Alex Voicu
I also tried a Savox SA-1258TG on rudder at the beginning of this season. The SA series were supposed to have tighter gears for more precision compared to the SH series, but i still measured around 4mm of slop at the trailing edge of the rudder or almost 1 deg of slop measured with the incidence meter.
The plane never flew right with that servo on the rudder, very hard to keep the vertical uplines straight and needed 3% of throttle to rudder mix.
I changed it with a Futaba BLS451 and all the problems disappeared, mix reduced to 1% and the gear slop is almost non-existent.

Last edited by AmericanSpectre505; 10-21-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-21-2022, 05:00 PM
orthobird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Question on these servos?

Futaba BLS 171 SV

are the output shaft gear on the servo metal or plastic?
Old 08-23-2022, 05:15 AM
krzy4rc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

All of the other SV servos appear to be metal shafts. I would assume this would too, but have found no supporting documentation...
Old 08-28-2022, 07:05 PM
bjr_93tz

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AmericanSpectre505
Hey Alex,

I experienced the same thing on my Nuance, drove me bananas for a bit. I have about 6 different types of them and that was the only model that had way to much freeness in the gear train. I have been experimenting with them since last year. Overall, I am pleased with them.

On Another Note; I have been running mini digitals on elevators since 2007 on YS 170's and my electrics and they work just fine. The YS will beat the pots up after 100 -200 flights, electric is no problem. The bottom line is everyone will use what's always worked for them. I've had good and bad experiences with all the big names, dosent make them all bad.

Bill
Futaba not making their pots available as replacement parts is something I don't agree with. They charge top dollar for a servo with quality electronics and will sell you a replacement gear train and case if you smash one up, but they won't sell you a five cent pot to replace one with a worn spot making it useless for F3A work.
Old 08-28-2022, 08:57 PM
FBW

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bjr_93tz
futaba not making their pots available as replacement parts is something i don't agree with. They charge top dollar for a servo with quality electronics and will sell you a replacement gear train and case if you smash one up, but they won't sell you a five cent pot to replace one with a worn spot making it useless for f3a work.
agree......