Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Header Question

Old 10-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header Question

Hey guys,

As I was flying today, my lovely Asano header decided it was going to crap out on me and broke right past the mounting flange on one of the flex rungs. It was a good header while it lasted, I liked it alot (despite my sarcasm). The only trouble is it is hard to get a hold of them now and they are really expensive. I dunno what went wrong, the engine and pipe were both soft mounted, so it might have been just an issue of old age, although I never have heard of the 2-stroke Asano headers breaking.

Sooo...

I am sitting here looking at the Macs header that I bought with my Webra when I first got the engine from Piedmont models. The only trouble with this (and the reason I used the Asano Header with my pipe) is that it is that the rise is like 2 1/4" if I remember correctly and that's about 3 times as much as I need for my Hydeout. I remember somebody, I think is was Bob Pastorello, posting how to reduce the rise in a header, but I am not all that gung-ho about whipping out the torch and straightening the header out. Does anyone know if I can send the header to Macs and they can adjust it for me or if there is anyone around the pattern world that can fix that? I would really appreciate it.

On a side note, how are you guys setting up your Webra 1.45s? I have had mine for about 250-300 flights and I never really liked the setup that I have. Not to mention the fact that it has been going lean lately and eating about $75 worth of glow plugs, most of which only lasted a flight or two, and generally being a pain in the ass. Is there any way to set up the Webra where you plug off the vent line and put a check valve on it and pressurize the tank like you would a YS? I am interested in tweaking my setup for future reference, although my next engine is going to be an OS 1.40 EFI. A buddy of mine has one NIB with a spare injector that he is gonna be letting me have for less than I can buy just about any other pattern motor for brand new. I have always wanted to get one of these motors and see how they do. Now that people have found out how to get them to quit eating injectors, I really think it will be another viable option. I really like the power and reliability that I HAD been having up until about a month ago with the Webra so I would like to get another one of those in the future. OK, enough rambling. [8D]