Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

PAC Titan?

Old 02-12-2005, 03:17 AM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PAC Titan?

Hello all,

I remember a while back PAC had a new airplane called the Titan coming out. GW built a wood one and had some pics of one of the production fuses and it looked neat. But he has since quit posting and his website is offline. Does anyone have any experience with the airplane or have any pics of the production version? Just curious. Thanks alot.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:14 AM
MustangAce
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: PAC Titan?

I talked to the owner not too long ago and he was in the process of relocating. Last I heard they really liked the way it performed. No more info than that though.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:27 AM
lems
My Feedback: (20)

The picture in the K-Factor under PACs advertisement is a production version Titan. It comes with the white gel coat on the outside, and is very light, with carbon reinforcement on the inside. The Titan is a very good plane.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:43 PM
klhoard
My Feedback: (10)

I flew a wood Titan last year and loved it. I have a glass one in my garage I hope to get going for this year's season.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:37 AM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

I bought GW's wood Titan, and flew it all last season. Helped me win the first contest I had flown in 30 years, but only in sportsman. Loved the airplane, and was getting to know it well. It met an untimely end in a midair during practice at the end of last season. All that was left was confetti. Wonderful flyer, sould love to have another, but right now even ARFs tax my building time.

Mine was right at 11 lbs with an OS 1.60, Mueller header, Greve pipe, etc.

Jon Lowe

ORIGINAL: ryansmith

Hello all,

I remember a while back PAC had a new airplane called the Titan coming out. GW built a wood one and had some pics of one of the production fuses and it looked neat. But he has since quit posting and his website is offline. Does anyone have any experience with the airplane or have any pics of the production version? Just curious. Thanks alot.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:24 PM
klhoard
My Feedback: (10)

It seems that these airplanes are cursed. Scott Dunphy has lost two Titans, mine went down due to one of the aileron servo arms coming loose and re-setting in flight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62216.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	229071   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66682.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	229072  
Old 02-14-2005, 03:33 AM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Ouch!

That really sucks fellas. I remember you building yours Keith.

As a side note, what happened to Gerald? He used to be real active in the forums. Did he just get burned out or were there some circumstances surrounding his being quiet as of late.

The Titan sure looks like a pretty airplane. I can't wait to see more of them going. I'd like to get one myself, which there are alot of things I would like.