Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Magnum 120 4C for Excelleron 90, any good?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Magnum 120 4C for Excelleron 90, any good?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 09:32 PM
kenny590

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum 120 4C for Excelleron 90, any good?

Planning to use Magnum 120 4C for Excelleron 90, will it be too heavy for this bird?

In addition, I’ve the Explorer 50 (I belive it’s the same as Excelleron 50) & planning to use YS 53Z 4C on it, what is the recommended prop size for this combo?

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-16-2005, 09:15 PM
maustin
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Magnum 120 4C for Excelleron 90, any good?

Have a friend who tried the Magnum 120 4s and it was not enough humph in the verticles. I am currently flying my Excelleron with a YS 120 and no problems what so ever. If you are just beginning pattern the Magnum will do ok, say in the Sportsman class. But as you advance into more demanding manuvers you will need more power.

Good Luck,
BBM [8D]
Old 02-16-2005, 11:05 PM
kenny590

Default RE: Magnum 120 4C for Excelleron 90, any good?

ORIGINAL: ballbearingman

Have a friend who tried the Magnum 120 4s and it was not enough humph in the verticles. I am currently flying my Excelleron with a YS 120 and no problems what so ever. If you are just beginning pattern the Magnum will do ok, say in the Sportsman class. But as you advance into more demanding manuvers you will need more power.

Good Luck,
BBM [8D]

Thanks Ballbearingman!