Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Inverted Spin Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Freddy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Inverted Spin Question

My question is regarding the inverted two turn spin in opposite direction from FAI P05.
My Alliance always translates forward into the wind direction during this spinning maneuver.
It starts in the first direction (left) and really increases in the opposite direction (right).
I have tried different throws but no luck so far.
These are my settings: AIL 35% ELEV 140 % RUD 110%.
I use the high ELEV to really get it to stall.
Any inputs? Thanks!
Old 10-23-2005, 01:09 AM
jamesjoneill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Inverted Spin Question

I have a lot more aileron during spins with my Alliance - if "normal" rates are 100%, my spin aileron setting would be about 120% (with the snap setting at 140%). This spins vertically down (unless the wind is strong when it inevitably drifts slightly downwind).

This would speed up the spin rotation rate in comparison to your settings, although why a lower setting should make the spin wander of line I do not know but perhaps give it a go and see what happens?

James
Old 10-23-2005, 02:53 AM
stek79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Inverted Spin Question

Hi Freddy,
the fact that airplane translates during the spin is not a bad thing from judge's point of view: in that situation the airplane is stalled so it can't be prevented from translating towards you / from you. The only help are the ailerons IMHO, since they permit faster rotation and so less translation.

Anyhow, check the following link for a more clear (and competent! explaination:

http://members.cox.net/don.ramsey/

this is Don Ramsey's site. Check under "Building ... teqniques" and then you will find a link about spins. Be sure the check the other ones also, they are very good articles written by top pilots!

Bye bye