Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Recorder

Old 02-10-2006, 01:37 PM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Recorder

Does anyone know of a device that has voice activated play back feature, was thinking of a way you could record manuvers and play them back by voice activation, would seem like a good idea if you where out to practice and didnt have a caller, was just a thought
Old 02-10-2006, 03:44 PM
wvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Recorder

buy an Futaba MZ14

You can put your schedule under a button/switch , every time you press the button the next figure will be read out to you.....

maybe a bit expensive.... []
Old 02-10-2006, 03:47 PM
tggilkey

I have seen a couple of people use a small cassett tape player with an ear bud and a foot switch wired into the playback switch - seemed to work for them.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Patrnflier
My Feedback: (1)

I have a small Radio Shack Micro Cassette that I use regularly. There is seldom anyone that I can use as a caller when I fly, so out comes the cassette. I have pre-recorded the different patterns to practice. I did this two ways, one was recording while another pattern flyer called for me. The other that has worked well was "flying the manuevers" using my hand to trace out where the plane would be in the sky and calling the maneuvers as I went. After flying the same combination for several season you do get to know the speed and timing pretty well.

You do not need an earpiece unless you have a lot of gaser buddies in the pits. As quiet as a piped ys140 is you can hear the tape well at about half volume. I either put it in my shirt pocket and I have had it in my right pants pocket too with the volume a little higher.

For those of us that practice by ourselves this is a very good way to do it without a physical caller.

Marty