Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Re: Powerbox & DSC?

Old 10-27-2007, 01:18 AM
ROGUE ROVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Powerbox & DSC?

Hi guys

I am trying to setup my new pattern airplane and have come across a small problem with the setup of my PowerBox Systems Digiswitch and my direct servo control connection to the receiver. The digiswitch onlt has 2 connections, 1 for the input from the RX battery pack and an output to the receiver itself. The problem is i want to be able to connect my DSC control safely to the receiver and still use the digiswitch voltage regulator.

Has anyone come across this problem as yet? and if so how can i connect the dsc and still use ths voltage reg?...how does CPLR do it i wonder?

any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:57 PM
BrunoCH

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Re: Powerbox & DSC?

If you connect the signal wire input of the DSC harness to the receiver, it should work as normal. I think the connector that goes to the switch is only used to check the battery voltage.

At the last Euro Champs, CPLR was using a 4 cell NiCD pack and a normal switch.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:47 PM
ROGUE ROVER

Okay fair enough that makes sense, but where does the power come from to power the servos when the dsc is in use ( will i have to power the Rx on to use dsc? )
Does the white signal line from the dsc jack go to any channel in particular? or just a spare channel?
Old 10-29-2007, 05:03 AM
Malcolm H

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The white signal lead on the DSC lead must connect to the signal pin in the BAT socket in the receiver as it contains signal info for all the servos. If you plugged a short Y lead into your BAT socket you could plug the DSC lead in one side of the Y and the output from the digiswitch into the other.

Malcolm
Old 10-29-2007, 06:40 AM
BrunoCH

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ROGUE ROVER

Okay fair enough that makes sense, but where does the power come from to power the servos when the dsc is in use ( will i have to power the Rx on to use dsc? )
Does the white signal line from the dsc jack go to any channel in particular? or just a spare channel?
You have to power on the RX to move the servos using the DSC.
I´ve always plugged the signal lead to the DSC socket on the receiver.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:47 AM
ROGUE ROVER

If i connected it up like you are suggesting would i have to activate the digiswitch and consequently activate the RX and pick up airborne signals? or does the connection of the dsc prevent the RX from receiving airborne signals?

Normally as the output from the standard Rx switch connects to the Bat/dsc connector on the 14mz RX. Does that mean that the white signal wire is normally connected to any spare channel?

thanks for your feedback
Old 10-30-2007, 04:16 AM
Malcolm H

Yes - you will need to activate the digiswitch as you need power from the airborne battery to the receiver for DSC to work. No - the white signal wire must go into the BAT socket not any spare socket. The only common pins in the receiver sockets are the + and -. The act of connecting the DSC signal to the BAT socket is what disables the receiver from picking up RF. Plug a Y lead into the BAT socket, connect your digiswitch and DSC lead and try it - it should only take a couple of minutes.

Malcolm
Old 11-02-2007, 01:56 AM
ROGUE ROVER

Thanks very much for your input Malcolm, I can confirm that I have setup a series y-Lead in the circuit between the Digiswitch and the receiver, which also has the DSC lead connected via the same y-lead. I have powerd up the rx with the digi and all my servos work just fine which just leaves the DSC, to prove it works.

Cheers
Old 11-02-2007, 03:54 AM
Malcolm H

No probs!

Malcolm