Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Fliton Element Bipe 170

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 02:21 AM
Thinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fliton Element Bipe 170

ORIGINAL: tIANci

Mike ... ever flown a F3A bipe? Anyone tried one? What is the difference? I am curious to know.
tIANci; I'm flying the ZN Suxess as a B-model to my ZN Oxalys.. The flight characteristics are way different! I do love to fly the Suxess, but it does have some strange "bipe-habits"!
At any time, I have 5 active mixes on the plane to make it track straight. For instance aileron to throttle mix (about 20%!). A lot of aileron to rudder mix etc. I have 4 servos on 4 serperate channels for the ailerons, so they take up a bit of mixing..
But once all the mixing is done, it is a lovely aircraft! It is SLOW and very graceful. Presents very well!
Most bipes do not like winds though.. And they are mainly designed around the F-programs and unknowns. (My experience comes purely from the Suxess..). Mine does not track as smooth as the Oxalys, but the rolls, snaps and spins are just amazing once everything is set up correctly.
I actually had my Suxess out for sale, but then took it for a couple of flights... That changed my mind

So I might not recommend a bipe as a beginner F3A, nor the only F3A model (Yes, please do arrest me here...). But they (at least mine) are great to fly and will open some eyes on the field! But do bear in mind that thay might be more than challenging in windy conditions.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:56 AM
woo

Hello. Pattern Members
Here is update information

1. Weight of Element 170 Biplane

Fuge : 1,200 grams
43.32 oz

wing : 620 gram / each (total 1,400 grams)
21.86 oz/each (total : 44 oz)

tail wings : 152 grams
5.36 oz

wing area : 50.75dm (each)
(λ³΅μ—½κΈ°λŠ” 일반μ*μœΌλ‘œ λ‚*개 ν•˜λ‚˜μ˜ λ©΄μ*μ— 2λ°°κ°€ μ•„λ‹Œ 1.5 둜 계산을 ν•˜λŠ”λ° λ³΅μ—½κΈ°μ—μ„œ μœ™ λ©΄μ*μ€ μ•½κ°„ 무의미 ν•˜λ‹€ 생각 ν•©λ‹ˆλ‹€.)
( R&D Said. Generally, area counting is 2nd wing area is 1.5 of main wing)

2. Sizec of Bi Plane
wing : 1,820mm (71.65 inch)
fuge : 1,970mm (77.55 inch) from spinner to tail
spinner Dia.: 72mm

Alex
Old 09-29-2008, 04:02 AM
woo

Are you interasting about ARC version?
Contact to Alex from www.flitoncompetition.com
Old 09-29-2008, 05:22 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thinn ... thanks for the info. I realised that the F3A bipes have about 40%-45% more wing area than a mono winged F3A plane. Guess that means a lighter wing loading. That also would mean the plane climbs better. Did your Suxess KE with any coupling?
Old 09-29-2008, 05:41 AM
Thinn

ORIGINAL: tIANci

Thinn ... thanks for the info. I realised that the F3A bipes have about 40%-45% more wing area than a mono winged F3A plane. Guess that means a lighter wing loading. That also would mean the plane climbs better. Did your Suxess KE with any coupling?
The Suxess does not climb better than the Oxalys... Rather the oposite.. (I have an YS160 w/APC 18.1x10 in the Oxalys and an YS170 w/APC18.1x11 in the suxess).
In KE I have a lot of roll and "pich" (elevator) coupling. I fixed this with a couple of free mixers! It is the first plane I've KE-looped with no problems. This is one of the joys of the bipes!