Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

THE WC 2009 THREAD!!! its about time!!!

Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

THE WC 2009 THREAD!!! its about time!!!

Old 08-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Jeff Boyd 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE WC 2009 THREAD!!! its about time!!!

ORIGINAL: riot3d

ORIGINAL: highfly3D

what i mean to say about Quique why he choose to fly electric this time.... as he some time back said i am brought up flying glow planes .... so flying electric is bit different experience.........

He should have flown glow like he did last time..................... as far as my experience goes you don't get to see the smoke line or the engine sound..?????? it sounds dead to me... i enjoy flying small electric foamy but a 2x2 plane only glow..............

ORIGINAL: David Bathe

Which things?
And where are the videos?

Sponsorship
No doubt . . at that level. Would still be happy with the package.

1st and 2nd for OXAI to it seems ! ?

Cheers, JB
Old 08-30-2009, 11:01 PM
SCJ

Congratulations to CPLR for wining the World Championship and to France for winning the Team Championship.

It makes me especially proud because both CPLR and his brother were flying Oxai models, which as many of you know we distribute in North America. It was also nice to see the top three were YS powered models. I have nothing against electric but Richard Verano, the YS distributor, is a very long time friend of mine and I am always glad to see his product do well in competition.

I would also like to thank QQ for using Oxai again at this World Championships and acknowledge Brett Wickizer for the fine job he did with his Oxai models on his first World Championship competition. It is quite an accomplishment on his part to be a full time college student and make the US Team and fly as well as he did at the World Championships.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:41 AM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if everyone else is thinking what I'm thinking [sm=47_47.gif]

This is not the jet forum and I have no intention of either disrespecting anyone or talking about anything that I don't have any first hand knowledge of. All I will say is that I wish I had a better understanding of how the scoring works with the preliminary carry overs and such so the final standings would all make more sense to me. It is obvious that I don't have the level of understanding that I need on that front.

As far as equipment is concerned, I am sure that everyone flew what they thought would give them the best chance to win. Any of those guys could pick up any plane, even mine, and beat the heck out of most of us. That reality pretty much puts an end to the brand wars and glow vs. electric debate for me.

Congratulations to all and thank you to Team USA for doing your best to represent us well, no matter what the final scores were.

Anthony
Old 08-31-2009, 10:39 AM
David Bathe

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, to keep it simple: The prelims are prelins, semi's are semi's and the finals... just what it says.
The best go through to each I presume...could be wrong.
I'd guess the major pros have a little sleep during the prelins and semi's (unofficially of course)... only waking up and getting down to serious business during the finals... as you've seen.
That's what it's all about.
Your guys did really well. Remember, they're up against the best in the world.
A brilliant performance. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 08-31-2009, 02:32 PM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

I had a long talk with QQ at Toledo. He switched to electric for convenience with his new job. He had a field he could slip out and fly at easily with electric that he couldn't with glow. I dont think the engine made a difference. Judging by his prelim and semi flights, he obviously had the equipment. I personally fly YS and love it, but I don't think power plants decided the worlds,

Arch
Old 08-31-2009, 02:38 PM
Barye
My Feedback: (27)

One might make the argument that the final rankings were determined by the scores of the second unknown flights
Old 08-31-2009, 02:42 PM
vbortone
My Feedback: (2)

I agree 100%. I am in the same situation but I wish to fly like QQ. I have both and finishing practicing a lot more with the electric this year. For this reason, I improved this year just because I could practice more with the electric. Very simple reason.

Vicente "Vince" Bortone
Old 08-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Jeff Boyd 2

ORIGINAL: David Bathe
Your guys did really well. Remember, they're up against the best in the world.
A brilliant performance. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Ummmmm . . . they are four of the BEST in the World !

Cheers, JB
Old 08-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: vbortone

I agree 100%. I am in the same situation but I wish to fly like QQ. I have both and finishing practicing a lot more with the electric this year. For this reason, I improved this year just because I could practice more with the electric. Very simple reason.

Vicente ''Vince'' Bortone
Yep.. my local practice field is 10 minutes away and electric only. To fly glow I have to drive a minimum of 35 minutes.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:13 PM
flyintexan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats to the US Team and their support crew. You guys made us very proud. Hope everyone is making it home safe.

-mark
Old 09-01-2009, 06:37 AM
psookdee

Congratulations to CPLR and BPLR for the 1st and 2nd brothers and the 1st place for team result. Congratulations for Onda and team Japan in finishing 3rd and 2nd team result and had made all team members into final. Congratulations to QQ and Jason for the 3rd place in team result. Thinking this is going to be more and more interesting for the next WC, this is going to be really fun.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:14 PM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcpattern

I had a long talk with QQ at Toledo. He switched to electric for convenience with his new job. He had a field he could slip out and fly at easily with electric that he couldn't with glow. I dont think the engine made a difference. Judging by his prelim and semi flights, he obviously had the equipment. I personally fly YS and love it, but I don't think power plants decided the worlds,

Arch
Did we ever see a list of who flew what? Airplane, power plant, prop, etc.

Jim O
Old 09-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Freddy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was my 3rd worlds and I definitely see a bias in the judging. Lets make no mistake about it. We should have more judges from the americas and less from europe. The americas represent 2 continents and europe is only !! I would have put Jason and QQ in the top 3 behind CPLR who did do very well top win the event. I flew far out at times and got knocked hard for it, but not the Japanese! Of course they flew much better but still at that level?