RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   Post all your "crappola" here (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/7834321-post-all-your-%22crappola%22-here.html)

dhal22 08-11-2008 09:26 PM

RE: Post all your "crappola" here

no, it balances. i poured several bags of fishing weights and then a good bit of epoxy down the fuse while standing it up on it's tail feathers. any other ideas?[&o]

david

JAS 08-11-2008 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: MHester

Sorry Jason, online=insane, and that's that. That's an axiom and there's nothing you can do about it. lithium and prozac can help, but there is no substitute for just getting out and flying....leave the laptop at home ;)

uh oh is this now a Black magic love fest too? Darnit I posted....it's habitual I tell you. I am an addict, I can't stop! Somebody save me!

hang on let me call my minions in here...before the post police show up again.

Man the bugs at Talladega are terrible. I'll be glad when it cools off and those things go back underground or whatever.

-M
2 things Mike... I don't/won't have a laptop when I go flying. And call anyone you want here... friend or foe, that's what this thread is for... ;)

JAS 08-11-2008 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: dhal22

can someone help me setup my YS 1.70 in my Tower Hobbies Avistar 40? :D. and why the last time i flew this combo did it not hold a knife edge? you asked, Jason.;)

david
David,

Now that gives me an idea for my WM Skyraider... Instead of the 46 I'll put in my 170 and mount all the servos in the tail (pull-pull forward to the ailerons). Now I hope I remember to put the dihedral brace in the right way...

matchlessaero 08-11-2008 09:51 PM

Dooo wah ditty ditty dum ditty do.......

Jetdesign 08-11-2008 10:05 PM

Can someone pass me the DEET!?

Gregg G 08-11-2008 10:07 PM

Hey David,
Will it hover with the 170?
Greg

Jetdesign 08-11-2008 10:12 PM

I think I'd hover with a 170.

MHester 08-11-2008 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: JAS

Sorry Jason, online=insane, and that's that. That's an axiom and there's nothing you can do about it. lithium and prozac can help, but there is no substitute for just getting out and flying....leave the laptop at home ;)

uh oh is this now a Black magic love fest too? Darnit I posted....it's habitual I tell you. I am an addict, I can't stop! Somebody save me!

hang on let me call my minions in here...before the post police show up again.

Man the bugs at Talladega are terrible. I'll be glad when it cools off and those things go back underground or whatever.

-M
2 things Mike... I don't/won't have a laptop when I go flying. And call anyone you want here... friend or foe, that's what this thread is for... ;)

hey man I tried! LOL I only have few real "foes", but MAN they can be a PITA. In fact, same few as there have always been since forever. you have no idea how happy I was to discover that!! I'd much rather talk about planes.

Friends though, mehhhh, we just go flying :D LET'S GO FLYING, EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

-Mike

MHester 08-11-2008 10:25 PM

Dude...this has the potential to become the biggest post-***** thread on RCU......LOL

-M

JAS 08-11-2008 10:36 PM

Only if everyone uses it instead of the other threads... now get back to your 110 before Arch flies over your house and drops you a reminder...lol.

can773 08-11-2008 11:13 PM

Now that the Nats are over and its not that important if I break any bones....mountain bike season starts :) Time to go cause myself some injuries!

MHester 08-11-2008 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually one of the "haters" screwed up and left thier web cam on. So, this explains a lot!!!!

LOL

-Mike

JAS 08-11-2008 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: can773

Now that the Nats are over and its not that important if I break any bones....mountain bike season starts :) Time to go cause myself some injuries!
I wanna go... but not break any bones. And don't you have 1 more important contest to finish before you go body-casting?

JAS 08-11-2008 11:38 PM

Actually one of the "haters" screwed up and left thier web cam on. So, this explains a lot!!!!

LOL

-Mike

I don't know if I want to hear why you were looking at their webcam in the first place...LOL[X(]

cdodom 08-11-2008 11:46 PM

LOL

-Mike

Man Im trying to remember what movie those pictures were from.

Jason, is that next big contest in Tenn. ?

JAS 08-11-2008 11:55 PM

Yep, end of the month: http://www.clovercreekaerodrome.com/

cdodom 08-12-2008 12:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Man is that a DA 170 I see. Jason you could prob. ride that plane all the way to Clover Creek with that strapped to the front of it.

JAS 08-12-2008 12:12 AM

Certainly would be cheaper on gas...

BTW: If anyone has any music/maneuvers that would spice up a freestyle, please let me know (jason.shulman@composite-arf.com). I am always interested in something better than what I have.

MHester 08-12-2008 01:19 AM

Slipknot: Heretic Anthem :D

Not sure if the plane will manuever that fast though. I SERIOUSLY doubt the sound system would hold up...

No? Ok, machine head: the blood, the sweat, the tears

Fear factory: Edgecrusher

Hatebreed: tear it down

Slayer: Skeletons of society

Pantera: Walk

Well you asked for spice....

-Mike

MHester 08-12-2008 01:20 AM

ORIGINAL: cdodom

LOL

-Mike

Man Im trying to remember what movie those pictures were from.

Jason, is that next big contest in Tenn. ?
LOL

"Billy Madison". A classic scene.....

-Mike

handglider 08-12-2008 01:52 AM

LOL

-Mike

Okay now that is funny, and actually way more creative than the last photoshop job I have seen.

Thanks Mike for the laugh....

David Bathe 08-12-2008 03:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)

if someone wants to post something totally irrelevant to a thread, they can post it here.
Good idea!

jayjayneri 08-12-2008 04:03 AM

I need some expert advice. I have an old Prophecy I am restoring. I will be using it to fly F-09. Would I be better off powering it with four OS 46ax engines, 8 OS 25fx engines or 18 COX .09 engines? These are all the engines I have in stock. Dont want to spring for a YS. I am looking for ease of tuning, fuel economy, unlimited vertical and 30 minute flight time. Thanks. Hehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Boyd 2 08-12-2008 06:16 AM

ORIGINAL: David Bathe

if someone wants to post something totally irrelevant to a thread, they can post it here.
Good idea!

What's "irrellevant" about that :D . . nice on the eye . . great lines . . probably has some nice bits hidden away . .

Just like a Pattern plane, really ;)

Cheers, JB

can773 08-12-2008 07:30 AM

Ya there is one contest, but I can keep in the top three with a few busted up fingers, no worries :) lol

I keep tellin' ya, just hop a plane to Calgary and off to the mountains to bike we will go :)

I wanna go... but not break any bones. And don't you have 1 more important contest to finish before you go body-casting?