Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Futaba 8J

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 10:17 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Futaba 8J

point is, they produce top quality goods if they want or need too. Just like any other nation.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:11 AM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am using 2 HK Orange fasst knockoffs for profile planes. I wouldn't necessarily trust them with my nicer models, but they work fine for their purpose. I think Futaba has been leaving something on the table with their 2.4 rx; they are slowly coming down in price, but I didn't really want an $90 rx in my $60 plane, especially when it'll likely hit the ground (3D learnin' lol). I did have a Futaba 6106 rx that is supposedly for park flyers; lost a plane to it last year for inexplicable reasons, though I think range was the issue...so far, so good with my $30 orange rx in similar situations.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:31 AM
pilotpete2

"In musical instruments as well as extremely good engine components , they are right up with the best now."
They might well make decent band practice instruments, but I would not put a Chinese piano up against a Kawai or Yamaha, much less a Steinway, or any of the better European pianos.
Pete
Old 10-18-2011, 12:18 PM
TimBle

i do concede that there is no chinese guitar that comes close to my Taylor RCGS or any Taylor or Martin. heck even the Yamaha's struggle
Old 10-18-2011, 12:45 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

There have been more than a few reports of testing done by people that show the Chinese stuff does not perform as well as the real deal. Even your favorite brand got hit by some inferior stuff sold looking like the real thing. No doubt that the Chinese can produce first quality items when they want to, but I suspect that the QA/QC of cheap RC model rip offs may not be the same as they use for many other products.
I have seen the "reports" and the poor performance of the rip offs was not particularly surprising.
What was informative however is which brand and end of product line they went after .
They are not going to spend time and money persueing entry into a product which does not have high potential sales.
This is Marketing 101
The thrust of their development will remain directed into volume markets.
The Orange rx do work- I don't buy em but I see em - more and more of em and they do operate.
IF the higher priced stuff showed better sales numbers they would go after it -and the prices would also be extremely attractive - they can afford this type marketing - it works but they will not go after a product where volume is low.
The chips used in todays's markket are readily available so there is really no technological hurdles they need to overcome
The mfg costs are the only real issue
Note that they have already established entry into the USA thru low cost on line sales venues.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:52 PM
TimBle

indeed those Orange/FrSky Rx do work exceptionally well. I've not had a issue with any. One of my Rx had an antenna unclip and I did nto notice. I flew and at certain points around the airfield I could see failsafe was kicking in. Landed and found the problem. Took off again and all was well. The stuff works and that often is all that is required. Its excellent value oriented engineering.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:55 PM
wyo69cowboy

Well, my 10C is a bit of an orphan now, with the 8FG Super, so I would expect Futaba's model line to change. Our hobby manufacturers are following the computer/portable electronic device manufacturer's lead: sell something for a bit, then come out with something a little better so you buy new, then change that again, so you will buy again. To Futaba's credit, the 8FG Super upgrades were free. Hope some of these changes to Fasst/Fasstest/FHSS will continue to be upgradable if I buy new next year...
Old 10-23-2011, 05:38 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just for the record, I checked with the Futaba reps this weekend at the iHobby show in Chicago and they have no intention of changing FASST to FHSS.

The new FHSS radios will be (as I guessed) an additional, less expensive, "Sport Line" radio.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:22 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

Just for the record, I checked with the Futaba reps this weekend at the iHobby show in Chicago and they have no intention of changing FASST to FHSS.

The new FHSS radios will be (as I guessed) an additional, less expensive, ''Sport Line'' radio.

Pretty much what I have been hearing. The 18MZ, and maybe some others high end radios, will be able to use the S-FHSS receivers, but not the other way around. And FASST/FASSTest is the gold standard for Futaba and is not going anywhere.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:27 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This may cause more than a little confusion down the line no danger -just confusion.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:20 AM
TimBle

Less confusion than FASST 7Ch and FASST Multi channel.
Folk still don;t know how to differentiate between those two.

Having FHSS/S-FHSS (one receiver) and FASST/FASSTest is pretty simple.
Compare that to another brand that has about 15different receivers and about 3 different transmission strategies within 2.4GHz....
let not throw stones in glass houses
Old 03-01-2018, 08:23 AM
cgaxtreme10

Dear friends. I have problems with my radio futaba t8j. When connecting the servos to the esc, they respond very late, I check the receiver and it has flashing green and red led, I have 5 receivers futaba r2008sb and I doubt that they are the cause of the problem. It strikes me that I enter the mode of "power mode" and the receiver remains with the green led steady and the servos work perfect, but when entering again the main radio menu the problem reappears. Please can you help me?
Old 03-05-2018, 10:10 AM
mkjohnston

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

A word of caution when using this radio or any new 2.4 Ghz radio control if in the future you add new RX's to the TX do not hit the reset tab in the menu. I did this and it wiped all of my set ups and I ended losing my airplane at the field where I fly!
Thanks
Michael Johnston