Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba receivers

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 03:53 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Have you considered building / buying a transmitter tray?
I'm well-acquainted with trays, Rob. I've owned several different ones, and until I got the 9Z used them exclusively. The shape of the 9Z allows my hands to naturally cradle the transmitter for fingers flying, and the trays became just another piece of ancillary gear that got in the way and had to be kept up with. So I sold them all.

I had considered- briefly- trying one again with the 12Z. But I've secretly been wanting to go back to the 9Z, and Dave's post pushed me over the edge. Its a done deal now; the only model I haven't transferred over/re-programmed is one about to be retired... in fact it will probably fly its last flights tomorrow, so no sense in re-programming the 9Z for it.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LSP972
I'm well-acquainted with trays, Rob. I've owned several different ones, and until I got the 9Z used them exclusively. The shape of the 9Z allows my hands to naturally cradle the transmitter for fingers flying, and the trays became just another piece of ancillary gear that got in the way and had to be kept up with. So I sold them all.

I had considered- briefly- trying one again with the 12Z. But I've secretly been wanting to go back to the 9Z, and Dave's post pushed me over the edge. Its a done deal now; the only model I haven't transferred over/re-programmed is one about to be retired... in fact it will probably fly its last flights tomorrow, so no sense in re-programming the 9Z for it.

But thanks for the suggestion.

+1 for the 9Z...a really great radio.