Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Question about old FM radios vs new radios

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rmh
Checking batteries with a battery checker is less than worthless- it fools the unknowing into believing it is a helpful test.

Our first Spektrum radios (first ones on the market) all worked perfectly and so do the present ones .
I find that using my battery load checker provides me with significant information. I do NOT fly with LiPOs for the radio system. I use Nicads, Nimah, and Li. ION. Have not lost a machine with battery problems since about 16 years ago. Nicads are rated as 1.2 volts therefore the normal pack is 4.8. However it will charge to 5.7-5.8. Now that we can get 2500 and more MAH packs, one can fly much longer and/or with more servos than 25 years ago when 600 mah was a big pack.

As far as your comment concerning the early first-on-the- market Spectrum 2.4 radios, I dare say that a number of folks using them at the year's Joe Nall Event just might well disagree with you about that item.