Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Minima 6s won't bind

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 09:54 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Minima 6s won't bind

Is the Minima 6s RX compatible with the A9 TX? I can not get it to bind. They say I need to get the module to illuminate blue, which I cannot get it to do. If it is compatible, what do I need to do to get it to bind?
Old 01-18-2014, 05:23 AM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have the latest upgrades? You have to have the Minima upgrade in the transmitter and the module for it to work, and honestly, even then it can be a pain sometimes.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:43 AM
vertical grimmace

There is a Minima module? I have the latest update for my A( stock module. In looking at Hites's products, I think they need to bee more forthcoming about what is compatible with what. The new A9X seems to be geared mainly toward digital servos. All of the updates, and compatability issues are becoming irritating. I have an HPP22 so I suppose I can update my module, but honestly, I am having a hard time getting it to work now. It did before. Uggghhhh !
Old 01-18-2014, 06:54 AM
Steve Percifield

I agree 100%. It seems everytime I update, something doesn't work. The transmitter will, but the module won't, or the receivers won't. It is a total pain.. Plus, i have to take the receivers out of the planes to update via my computer. Their new receiver line only works with digital servos.

there is not a minima module, but a minima update to allow your module/transmitter combo to work with minima receivers. Plus you have to have it set for minima, blue flashing light, like you said. which is also a pain, I have had to try 3 or 4 times before it switches over. Then i am afraid i have screwed up something else. This was all so much easier before computer interface.

sp

Last edited by Steve Percifield; 01-18-2014 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:27 AM
vertical grimmace

Too be honest, this is making me contemplate switching back to Futaba. I do not like or want to have to play games with all of this stuff. I just want to easily bid and go fly. They need to make all of this stuff cross compatible. If I would have known this RXer was like this, I would not have bought it. But again, they do not tell you that in the specs, on the servo city website or anywhere else.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:40 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=vertical grimmace;11713675] Too be honest, this is making me contemplate switching back to Futaba.
I do not like or want to have to play games with all of this stuff. I just want to easily bid and go fly.
They need to make all of this stuff cross compatible. If I would have known this RXer was like this,
I would not have bought it. But again, they do not tell you that in the specs, on the servo city website or anywhere else
. /QUOTE]

Crosspost Answered
"The Minima is a later development and does not have telemetry hence the updated firmware required
to be added to the A9 as well as different procedure for ID-Setup (link). Please refer to:
. Hitec AFHSS ID-Setup (Bind) Spectra Module V3.01(0), Optima Transceiver 6, 7 & 9ch V2.02(0) & Minima Receivers - quick reference.
and
. Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to Install & Use

The later Aurora 9X does link direct with all receivers including SLT type.
. Aurora 9X - Relevant A9X Questions & Answers on all forums todate"

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry
- FAQ, Setups & Tips {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 01-18-2014, 02:02 PM
vertical grimmace

I still cannot get my Spectra module to update. My TX is on the 1.09 version. It would connect and update, but the module will not. Could my cable have gone bad? I have my transmit on turn on turned off. All of this seems so silly, and quite frustrating.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:39 AM
Steve Percifield

one thing i just remembered . I had the check transmit function turned off. So that it broadcast when the power switch was turned on. To get Minima to bind I had to activate trhat function. I had to press the "yes" button after turning on the power switch, to get it to transmit, then it would enter minima mode and bind.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:27 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=vertical grimmace;11713983] I still cannot get my Spectra module to update. My TX is on the 1.09 version.
It would connect and update, but the module will not.
Could my cable have gone bad?
I have my transmit on turn on turned off.
All of this seems so silly, and quite frustrating.[ /QUOTE]

Agreed, like all PC problems, there are times when something very simple can be the cause of much frustration.
The main cause of error when updating the module is the plug not being fully inserted into the module.
A very tight fit first few times, also check the module connection is in firm and that Tx battery is well charged.
If all is good within terms of
. Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to Install & Use
then suggest contact:
Hitec Warranty & Service - homepage.
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
"Hitec USA customer service department is available Monday through Friday*
from 7am- 4:30 pm Pacific time. Reach us at 858.748.8440 or
[email protected] any time you have a question"
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 01-19-2014, 01:31 AM
Steve Percifield

also, check the pins on the connectors for the HP22 programmer. I had one bent, and wouldn't allow communication for update.