Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Bind failed... and failed... and failed.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 03:36 PM
fatfenders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bind failed... and failed... and failed.

Newbie here. Have a DX6 & AR610.
Sometimes (like this morning) when I go out to fly, but I need to Bind first, I go through the Bind procedure ad-nausium and then, for no reason I can discern, and not really doing anything different, Bingo, I get a successful bind.
Is this common? Is there something I should be doing that I am not?
Old 09-14-2014, 05:29 PM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
I don't know why you would have to rebind every time you go flying, but, if you have trouble binding, move 10-15 feet away from the plane & try again, the DX6 should tell you
when you get a successful bind. And make sure you are away from metal, like steel sheds, cars, fences, & so on.
You do remove the bind plug from the RX, after you bind, I hope?

Cheers
Old 09-14-2014, 06:17 PM
fatfenders

Allan,
If my post served no other purpose I realized, after reading your reply, that my binding, for the most part, was not necessary. I guess it all starting out when I began doing RC airplanes a coupla months ago and I was using a DX4 to fly two different airplanes. After my 'Ah-Ha!' moment upon reading your post I went out and found binding is 'model' specific. Thank you for that! And just for the record, as an example, when I had trouble binding this morning I was out in the middle of nowhere with no buildings. power lines, anything within a mile.
Oh, and re: 'removing the bind plug"? ... I am a newbie, but not THAT newbie!
Old 09-14-2014, 11:20 PM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
Sorry about the bind plug thing, but I was trying to figure out what could possibly be the fault, so I suggested lots of possibilities.
If you have the new DX6, you can bind 250 different models to it, plus, you can use the SD card as well, so I hope you never run out of memory slots.
I have a DX9, best radio I have ever had, & I have had a few over the years.
Cheers.