Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

transmitter and receiver help

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 12:34 AM
thenewguy101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmitter and receiver help

I am going to convert a guillows model to rc, the model that I would build is the p-51d (905). I need to know what kind of transmitter should I get and receiver.
Preferably a 4 channel.
P.S. I will be the only one flying a rc device in the area I would be flying which is a soccer field at Randalls island
Old 08-08-2015, 08:24 AM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Mister Newguy-
Your enthusiasm is wonderful. But I would recommend saving the warbird for later would be a prudent move. You must learn to build and fly really well before you take on such a project. Even experienced modelers could find the job daunting.
I would recommend you start with a simple plane like the GWS Slow Stick http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHCJ2 .
Collect the electronics to fly it and learn to do so until it's worn out. Then build a high-wing Guillows model and transplant the motor and electronics from the Slow Stick. (I did just this thing with a Comet Sparky). Once you succeed with this step you may be ready for the Mustang and (again) you will already have the electronics and power system.
Good Luck!

Last edited by grotto2; 08-08-2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:56 AM
thenewguy101

Thanks ! This helped me a lot i will do this, but what kind of battery did you get fir this model and i was looking on getting a Park Zone*3341 transmitter will this work on the slow stick
Old 08-08-2015, 09:00 AM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

It looks like it will.
BTW Hobby king also has a SS: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...60mm_PNF_.html
....and their Turnigy line of budget radios are pretty good.

Battery: 2s, 800mAh Lipoly

Last edited by grotto2; 08-08-2015 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Answer battery question