Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

First "serious" radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 12:42 AM
moijk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First "serious" radio

I have just run rtr sets before, now getting a used enthusiast car. It has the tekin gen 2 esc and a sensored motor. no radio though. so I thought - perfect time to get a good radio.

To be honest, I'm a bit lost in this world. i thought telemetry would be cool so I could have a tool when driving on tracks to improve on the performance. but beside that I really doesn't yet grasp the differences enough to take a educated choice.

So far google and my wallet have looked at Futaba 4pls and Airtronics/Sanwa m11x. Just because they are easily available used. But there it is other upper/mid models like the Airtronics/Sanwa MT-4S that seem to fit the bill, but doubt that esc supports whatever is the difference due to its age. Or am I looking in the wrong directions? I like easy to use, anything that can be set up using a computer is a huge plus, cheap telemetry sensors are also a plus. I'm surprised not every modern radio has a ios/android app at this point.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:26 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by moijk
... Or am I looking in the wrong directions?...
Right direction for sure. You just have to be the one that says what bells and whistles are a must for you.