Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Eclipse VS Futaba 8U

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 05:21 PM
SARGE
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Eclipse VS Futaba 8U

I'm getting a Hanger 9 Ultra Stick and I'm going to use the crow feature. I was going to buy the Hitec but found out that you can only use the crow feature in glider mode but after reading the manual for the Ultra Stick I find out that you can only use the crow in the Futaba in glider mode also. What's the difference? Sounds like I can use the Hitec after all or am I overlooking something?
Old 06-17-2002, 12:40 PM
Sailor
My Feedback: (1)

Unfortunately the Eclipse cannot perform the crow feature that makes the Ultra Stik family so fun. If Hitec had a radio that could do this, then I would have divorced myself from Futaba quite some time ago. It is not that I don't like what Futaba has to offer, it is their prices are much higher than the prices for similar Hitec products.

You will need to get either the Futaba 8U/9C or get a JR 8103 or higher to use all the features of the Ultra Stik.
Old 06-17-2002, 04:45 PM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

And trust us when we say it isn't possible. I had the techs on the phone about this a few times at Hitec. It is a no go with the LS .40. The Futaba is a great radio. I love it. You can get a used one with some goodies for around $250 used. Best money you will spend.
Old 06-19-2002, 02:00 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CROW -w- Futaba 8AU Yes for ACRO

after reading the manual for the Ultra Stick I find out that you can only use the crow in the Futaba in glider mode also
This is not entirely true. It is true that it is easier to program the QUAD flaps in GLID2 mode on the 8AU. This gives you some limitations, ie, you can't activate CROW while you are above idle on your throttle -- the throttle stick controls the CROW in GLID2. I also have been unable to activate simple flaps with a toggle switch. Futaba has instructions on their FAQ site that explains how to set up QUAD flaps in ACRO mode. One possilbe limitation is it is difficult to setup full-span airlons.

The Hitec, on the other hand, cannot be set up for CROW outside of their GLID4 mode. Unfortunately, Hitec's GLID4 mode assumes the throttle does not exist and assigns the throttle stick to the CROW. You can't change this, therefore, you have no CROW with a powered airplane.
Old 06-19-2002, 02:29 PM
Sailor
My Feedback: (1)

Default Re: CROW -w- Futaba 8AU Yes for ACRO

Originally posted by hilleja

...One possilbe limitation is it is difficult to setup full-span airlons.
This can be accomplished by using a PMIX between the flaps and ailerons that is switch controlled. I have seen threads on this. Do a search in the Radio Forum.

Originally posted by hilleja

The Hitec, on the other hand, cannot be set up for CROW outside of their GLID4 mode. Unfortunately, Hitec's GLID4 mode assumes the throttle does not exist and assigns the throttle stick to the CROW. You can't change this, therefore, you have no CROW with a powered airplane.
Not wanting to give a dissertation, that's what Billy and myself tried to get across.