Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

SLOW GITTERS

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 07:08 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLOW GITTERS

Ok, this is a first for me and no one at the field can figure it out. I have a GP Pitts, 4 servos in the wings. Everything works fine until I plug in the second set of ailerons. Don't matter which set, top wing or bottom wing. When I plug in the second set, the ailerons move slower than you can imagine and twitch as they move, they also have a very hard time centering. The elev. servos move fine except they also have a hard time centering. Unplug one set, back to normal. I have used "Y"s to plug all 4 in channel one, I have tried to split them using channels 1 & 5, 1 & 6, 1 & 7, same thing happens every time. I have replaced all the servos with new ones, replaced all y's and extensions. Using two new HD switches (replaced them also) and two 2700mAH NIMH 6v. battery's, each one on a different switch one plugged into bat port and the other plugged into channel 5. both charged to 6.78+- volts. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:26 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SLOW GITTERS

It sounds like you are drawing too much current through the receiver power buss, and suffering a voltage loss across the printed circuit board traces. I would try providing power directly from the battery, and only the servo signals from the receiver.

Les
Old 03-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, to much current for the size of the wires. The suggestion to power the servos seperately from the reciever is a good one which should solve your problems. Using heavy duty wire with very good connectors might also solve the problem. Use a heavy duty switch too.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:39 PM
H. Wayne S

Ok, but I use the same system on a 33% 330, a 30% Edge, A 1/3 Christain Eagle. and a Giant Stinger, Never had this problem before and they all have 8 or more servos.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:44 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

I like Wayne, have (6) 8611 plus (2) non digitals on 1 reciever with no problems. I once read somewhere that the buss on most "quality" receivers can handle about 4 amps continuous, and maybe 10 or so in peak.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:48 AM
H. Wayne S

Problem solved. It was the Rx. Brand New 9 ch. PCM, I changed the Rx out last night and pres-toe Problem went away, Placed old one back in, problem came back. Placed bad one in box, placed label on it, am sending it to Futaba for replacement. Thanks for the input. But like I stated, I have used this set up on several planes and had never had a problem. Never even thought about a new Rx. being bad, just goes to show you. S--t happens.