Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

eclipse and negative shift

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 09:50 PM
mscj-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eclipse and negative shift

anyone had any trouble with their eclipse and negative shift receivers? I have only used positive shift until recently-now I've tried 2 brand new feather receivers, and they both glitch badly, along with the esc getting hot. I've tried the adjacent channels on my spectra just for grins, and get no response or glitching-no glitching with radio switched off, either. So then I shift back to positive on the same model #, turn off and back on, then have complete and glitchless control over my positive shift airtronics receiver. Anyone seen this before? I'll be trying a futaba receiver later this evening to see if it's a problem between my eclipse and the feather. Thanks, Mike.
Old 06-27-2002, 01:43 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have used both shifts on both my Eclipse and Prism with no problems. My only complaint is the rather akward way you have to do the programming of the shifts, not real easily interpreted from the manual instructions.
Old 06-27-2002, 08:06 PM
Glen Merritt

There's no problem with the Eclipse negative shift function. It is most likely the feather Rx. Are you using the Single conversion crystal, part number 66472XX? Do you have any other negative shift Tx's, do the feathers work with them?

If you wish to have the feathers checked out, Hitec will do it for free.
Old 06-27-2002, 09:13 PM
mscj-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Tried it with a fairly new Futaba receiver last nite-worked fine. I think I'm done with the feather-it was the only neg shift receiver I had.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:11 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Mike, Glen Merritt Was dropping an important hint above. The feather requires a Hitec single conversion crystal and will not work with a dual converson crystal from any other Hitec aircraft band receivers. This seems a very likely senario in this case.

There is absolutely no differance in performance, quality or reliability from the modulation shift that is selected by the manufacturer.

Do yourself a favor as suggested above make sure you are using the right crystal and if that is not the problem do send it back as Glen said they will make it right free.

John