Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HI-TEC channels different than FUTABA rx ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 01:35 PM
acam37
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HI-TEC channels different than FUTABA rx ?

I just purchased a new hi-tec flight pack with a HFD-08RD rx and the channels are not the same as my futaba receivers so I can't do mixing with mt futaba T6XA tx. The hi-tec rx channels are 1-aileron,2-throttle,3-elevator,4-rudder,5-gear,6-aileron. The futaba is 1-aileron,2-elevator,3-throttle,4-rudder,5-gear,6-aileron. The flight pack had no diagram and I cannot find one on-line. Is the hi-tec rx. in correct order? A few guys at our field use hi-tec and theirs is the same as futaba.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:44 PM
AirBearMA
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: HI-TEC channels different than FUTABA rx ?

The receivers would be the same even though the nomenclature may be different. You can use Futaba Transmitters with Hitec receivers. Just ignore the nomenclature of the Hitec and use the nomenclature that applies to the Futaba Tx.

If you use Futaba RX with a Hitec Tx, then ignore the Futaba RX nomenclature and use the nomenclature for the Hitec Tx.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:21 PM
acam37

I am currently using the flight pack with my futaba TX but my problem is the elevator and throttle channels on the hi-tec RX are reversed and when I try to do elevon mixing the ailerons and throttle are on the elevon mixing program, which on the t6xa is channel 1,2,6.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have quite a few Hitec and Futaba receivers and ALL have the same channel assignemnts, 1=aileron, 2=elevator, 3=throttle and 4= rudder. (Use 6 for aileron/flaperon mix). Are you sure that the odd ball reciever is not JR? JR has different channel assignments.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:55 PM
daniel_cox

Mixing and encoding are done in the transmitter. It doesn't matter which receiver channel is used for which function. Plug the servo that executes the appropriate function into the receiver channel that make that function happen, and all will be well.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:13 PM
acam37

I figured out the problem!! somehow the transmitter mode was changed from mode 2 to mode 1. I switched it back and everything works the way it should. I have no idea how it got chaned because on this radio you have to hold down the two mode buttons while turning on the transmitter. It's not like it can be done by accident. I didn't even know how to do it until I read the manual.