Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 10X Transmitter Battery - Whoa!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 06:52 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 10X Transmitter Battery - Whoa!

For the first time, I removed the battery from the back of the transmitter. Obviously, this is not the standard 8-cell pack I'm used to. For those who have not seen one, it is enclosed in a plastic case and plugs into the transmitter via a connector with 6 or 8 pins. I'm guessing there is some charging circuit inside this plastic case. And maybe a thermal sensor or something. Anyway, Can I just open this plastic case and replace the battery cells inside? I have it on the cycler right now, so don't to disturb it for a while. Does this plastic case open up or must I break it open? Any advice for or against replacing this whole affair with a standard 8-cell NiMh pack. I could solder a connector on the pins coming out of the transmitter. System is 3 years old. Probably out of warranty anyway.

Oh, but if I use a standard pack, I will not be able to use the charging jack which is integral to the battery pack itself.

The pack is rated 1100 mAh, but only cycled 507 yesterday. I charged it at 100 mA overnight and am cycling it again right now.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:00 PM
WilsonFlyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR 10X Transmitter Battery - Whoa!

No BS batteries has a page posted on changing the battery. I put a 2100 from Steve in my 9ZWCII. Exactly the same procedure. Total time to replace it: 15 minutes. Literally.

Maybe one of the best 15 minutes' work I have ever done in this hobby. I bought the wall wart charger he sells for it too for slow charge at night. GREAT overall investment.

http://www.hangtimes.com/
Old 09-24-2004, 07:29 PM
DMcQuinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR 10X Transmitter Battery - Whoa!

Thanks. I had not run across the NO BS web site before. Very informative.