Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9202 at 6volt Q

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 04:06 AM
Redrata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9202 at 6volt Q

Can I use 9202 servos for GP Extra Patty (bme 50) at 6 volts everywhere less rudder?. The should deliver 98 Oz at 6 volts according to Futaba. ALSO: Forgive my ignorance, but do I need to use a voltage regulator? Why? (I prefer to avoid regulators). I will use two 1400 5 cells Nid Cad (two indepedent switches) . Would the extra peak in voltage of the fresh charged packs (6,8-7volts) give me some trouble with the Fut receiver or Fut servos?
Sounds like a enough servo muscle and battery setup?

Thank you.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:07 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: 9202 at 6volt Q

I had one with these exact same servos and run on two 6 volt 1400maH packs and a Brison 2.4/3.2 engine. It will work fine without a regulator. Just make sure that you have good wires and connections so you don't loose any power.
ORIGINAL: Redrata

Can I use 9202 servos for GP Extra Patty (bme 50) at 6 volts everywhere less rudder?. The should deliver 98 Oz at 6 volts according to Futaba. ALSO: Forgive my ignorance, but do I need to use a voltage regulator? Why? (I prefer to avoid regulators). I will use two 1400 5 cells Nid Cad (two indepedent switches) . Will the extra peak in voltage of the fresh charged paks (6,8-7volts) give me some trouble with the Fut receiver or Fut servos?
Sounds like a enough servo muscle and battery setup?

Thank you.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:28 AM
Redrata

You say you had...something else that went wrong ? What kind of servo linkage setup you recommend for this particular application (9202)? (I am going to use HD wires from Futaba)
Thanks !!
Old 11-28-2004, 09:34 AM
Geistware

Didn't say anything went wrong. Just when I stalled my rudder I would loose a lot of voltage. IN my Patty, I hard wired all my connections except the ones to the receiver and the one's for the ailerons and it made a BIG difference. The down side is that I have a lot of switches and batteries with no ends on them because they were all hard wired. I measure my voltage loss with my H9 Cap at about .7 volts. This is from battery to rudder connector. That is a lot. I could hard wire everything and get it back to about .2 volts. This would give me about 15% more speed and power than I am seeing now but the only place that it is really a problem is rudder. At times it doesn't have all the power it should.
What would be nice would be a better connector system for our servos and receiver. Custom length wires to eliminate the power loss. Extensions are great for low current/power applications but when you stall a digital, you have a lot of loss in connectors!

You say you had...something else that went wrong ? What kind of servo linkage setup you recommend for this particular application (9202)? (I am going to use HD wires from Futaba)
Thanks !!
Old 11-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Redrata

Oh. I see!, I hard wired also (silver solder directly, w/o the featured connectors right?) all in my GP pitts. Switches to batteries are not connected by connectors. I silver soldered almost all connections directly by cutting the wires shorter (customized them) and solder directly all ends. Is that what you mean , right?. Well I was feeling very bad because I have now switches and batteries without the original connectors, so you are not the only one

thanks!

Old 11-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Redrata

LAST: I am planning to use two Futaba 9001 for the rudder, rated 72 oz at 6volts each , so it should turn out around 140 oz. Not digitals. Sounds ok to you? THANKS
Old 11-28-2004, 11:11 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

I have been doing some testing of servos lately. The 9202 is the only servo I have tested that exceeds Futabas' specs. The 9206 is about 30% under their specs.
If you don't use heavy duty wiring and efficient connectors with these servos you are wasting your money on them.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Redrata

Ok, sounds like 9202 are good servos. Are you getting more than 98 0z on them at 6 volts?. Another servo I would like to use are 9001 on rudder (2), but if someone stop me saying that is not a good idea, I will buy the JR 4721 using pull-pull.? What do you think? (I am avoiding digi servos, also metallic gears)
Old 11-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Redrata

Does the JR4721 can be operated at 6 volts? Are the ratings from Horizon at 4,8 volts? Please help appreciated, I have been looking for servos for days, because I dont want neither digitals nor metallic, also just want Futaba or JR.
S9001 (2) for the rudder a very bad idea? better one JR 4721?
Old 11-28-2004, 03:13 PM
Geistware

Yes, this is what I mean. I really didn't want to do this but it was the only way I could elimitate the power loss. I will have to do something like that for my CAP.

Oh. I see!, I hard wired also (silver solder directly, w/o the featured connectors right?) all in my GP pitts. Switches to batteries are not connected by connectors. I silver soldered almost all connections directly by cutting the wires shorter (customized them) and solder directly all ends. Is that what you mean , right?. Well I was feeling very bad because I have now switches and batteries without the original connectors, so you are not the only one

thanks!

Old 11-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Lynx

This is really environmentally unfriendly but I would use lead based solder on any aircraft. Yes it has lead in it, no lead's not nice. Yes silver is a better conductor, but it's also more brittle, while lead is extremely flexible and forgiving (that's why it's been used so long) Also the fluxes on silver solder are generaly more acidic and don't 'resolder' well. Lead based solders with a quick spray of neutral clear sealant over is ideal.