Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Are ProLine Radios Narrow Band

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 06:44 AM
Dave Bowles
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are ProLine Radios Narrow Band

I have a buddy that has a Proline Single stick radio that is on the current frequency but he does not know for sure if it is Narrow band or not, he was told by the tech that changed the frequency and tuned it many years ago that all proline TX were narrow band . Thanks
Old 09-14-2002, 05:42 PM
florida817
My Feedback: (1)

Default Pro Line Narrow Band?

Hi Dave,

Back when Pro Lines were the Pattern radio to own, it was before the days of narrow band. I know because I was flying Pattern with a Futaba J8 at the time and it wasn't narrow band either.

I had the J8 narrow banded and changed frequency when the regs came into effect and continued to fly it for many years. I'm reasonably sure that could have been done to ProLine as well, but they didn't come from the mfr. that way.

If the TX was ever narrow banded it will have a gold AMA sticker on/inside it with the mod date and the ID no. of the station that modified it and changed the frequency.

If it doesn't have a gold sticker I'd sure send it off and have it checked at least, to be sure it isn't "splattering" other flyers on adjacent frequencies with RF. KMI did the mod to mine many years ago and can probably check out and mod yours if needed.

Good luck - you have a great radio there.

Tom
Old 09-15-2002, 03:34 PM
Ladyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are not originally narrow band. The mod is really simple . A licensed tech will switch Xtal to the new freq, retune and set the modulation to a lower level . The radio is worth the effort.
Kraft Midwest is an excellent choice for the change .
Old 09-16-2002, 03:27 AM
Dave Bowles

Default Thanks you

Thanks Florida and Ldyflyer, thants what I needed , I know its on the legal frequency but I don't believe he had it tuned for narrow band. I will pass on the info to him. Dave
Old 09-16-2002, 04:45 AM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Default Proline Radios

Welcome back LF. We've missed you.

fiery
Old 09-17-2002, 02:28 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Geez LadyFlyer... Are you going for shock value in your avitar?? That one just about blew me away...

Anyway.. It's good to have you back.. I always enjoy reading your thought provoking posts.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:40 AM
Forgues Research

Default Re: Are ProLine Radios Narrow Band

Originally posted by Dave Bowles
I have a buddy that has a Proline Single stick radio that is on the current frequency but he does not know for sure if it is Narrow band or not, he was told by the tech that changed the frequency and tuned it many years ago that all proline TX were narrow band . Thanks
I have owned several ProLine radios during there heydays, and at that time they were the best of the best. But they were not narrow band nor were they FM, they were AM radios.

I still have a Custom Competition 7 channel radio which I don't use, but like very much to get my hands on 7 channel single stick ProLine. HintHint
Old 09-18-2002, 04:12 AM
Dave Bowles

Default Proline

I will get the specific on which model it is and what frequency, I know he is not all that fond of using it so he may whant to give it up.