Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9C programming

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 04:32 PM
ljhmc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9C programming

Still looking for help with this programing problem for the Ducted fans and rudder and main power supply. So I'm posting this again under another subject title.

I have built the Starship Enterprise it is nearly completed and is now ready to start taxi runs and adjust all trims and CG. I am using an OS 91 4 stroke for the main power and have GWS EDF75 ducted fans in in each nacell for turning. The mixes I need are as follows:

1. I am using the rudder channel to turn the nose wheel. I would also like the rudder stick to power up the right ducted fan (channel #7) when I turn left and power up the left ducted fan (channel #5) when I turn right.

2. I would like both ducted fans to be linked to the throttel when switched on this would allow for taxi runs after landings and the main power is off.

I know this all sounds strange however I am building this to be flown at a Labor Day Air Show which raises funds for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Our club has been doing this for over 20 years. This will get alot of people excited and interested in our sport, not to mention the monies it may raise. Can any one help. Futaba is not doing to well in these questions.

I thank you for your help.

Larry
Omaha, Nebraska
Old 07-20-2005, 06:28 PM
ljhmc

Default RE: Futaba 9C programming

These questions are not getting any ansewers for help. So my next question is ARE THERE ANY IDEAS WERE TO GO WITH THE PROGRAM PROBLEM?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:03 PM
fritzthecat
My Feedback: (4)

Pmix 1 rudder to channel 5 - offset +/-50%
Pmix 2 rudder to channel 7 - offset +/-50%

Pmix 3 throttle to channel 5
Pmix 4 throttle to channel 7

Pmix 1 and 2 activate the ESCs when the rudder stick is moved from center. One Pmix for right, and one for left. You need to play around with the offsets.

Pmix 3 and 4 simply activate both ESCs on the throttle stick. One switch to turn both Pmixes on/off.

Fritz
Old 07-20-2005, 07:24 PM
ljhmc

Fritz:

That is what I have P-1 is as follows:
Rudder to Gear (5)
Link off / Trim off
Rates L=0% R=100%
Offset = 0%

P-2 is as follows:
Rudder to Aux1 (7)
Link off / Trim off
Rates L=100% R=0%
Offset = 0%

Both of these are set to the B switch and when on both fans run together. the workings of the throttel changes the speed of the fans. they will no run at full speed.

I have a question, how would you change the offset and what does it do when it is changed?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:37 PM
ljhmc

Sorry about the unfinished top note.

P-3 and P-4 are set for adding the ducted fans to the same throttel as the main power (OS 91 4 stroke). At full throttel both fans run at top speed. At no throttel the fans are still running at 1/2 speed or so. If switch is set to off both fans run at 1/2 speed or so.

P-3
Master is Throttel
Slave is Gear (5)
Link and Trim are off
Full up = 100% Full down =0%

P-4
Master is Throttel
Slave is Aux1 (7)
Link and Trim are off
Full up = 100% Full down =0%

That how it all set up and I am having problems need major help.

Lawrence
Omaha, Nebraska
Old 07-21-2005, 01:00 AM
smokingcrater

These questions are not getting any ansewers for help.
no offense, but waiting 2 hours for someone to solve your problem for you and then complaining about it...?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:24 AM
ljhmc

How about days. Not to mention weeks