Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FUTABA 7CAP PPM/PCM.....GOOD BUY?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 09:53 PM
THE_RED_BARON77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FUTABA 7CAP PPM/PCM.....GOOD BUY?

i just bought a new futaba 7 cap.. and i wanted to kow if you think it was a good buy. i said i would never need one of these computer contraptions but i broke down and bought one! get back to me asap and tell me wha you think!!!
Old 07-23-2005, 12:17 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: FUTABA 7CAP PPM/PCM.....GOOD BUY?

Very nice radio. Of course it all depends on what you want it to do. Some things it does well, some not so good and some not at all.

What kind of flying will you be doing? Why the 7C?
Old 07-23-2005, 12:23 AM
Montega

I just bought one about a month ago. I personally believe it's the perfect radio for most people in the hobby. It bridges the gap between the lower-end four and six channel radios, and the higher-end nine channel and up radios. I love mine. But it all really depends on your personal needs. For me, it's all I'll need in the foreseeable future. You may have a different idea of where you'll be in the hobby two or three years down the road.

Enjoy the radio!
-Patrick
Old 07-23-2005, 09:01 AM
THE_RED_BARON77

mainly airplane stuff, no helis, some scale and some 3d but alot of putsin around the skies, nothin like top gun stuff!
Old 07-23-2005, 10:21 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Patrick. It is a very good choice for someone like yourself who isn't sure of computer radios just yet...

I fly a 9Z, and bought one of these 7Cs to replace the SkySport 4 I was using as a buddy box. The more I fool with the 7C, the more impressed I am with it. So far, the only thing I've found that it won't do is dual elevator servos. You can set up a program mix, but won't have any trim adjustment on one side. This is important if you're into large aerobatic planes; otherwise, no big deal.

Take the time to LEARN the radio. Like most "old-timers", I too was suspicious of computer radios until I became familiar with them.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I am surprised that a radio of this sofistication would not be able to handle dual elevator servos. More and more of the smaller planes are going with this feature, this is the reason I went with the 9c, which I like very well, but the seven channel would probably been ok with that one exception.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:19 PM
iflyj3
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: THE_RED_BARON77

i just bought a new futaba 7 cap.. and i wanted to kow if you think it was a good buy. i said i would never need one of these computer contraptions but i broke down and bought one! get back to me asap and tell me wha you think!!!
Well, it's too late to ask after you have already bought it. Ya need to ask before you buy. All you are wanting is verification of your purchase and only you can justify that.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:53 AM
MannyEdge
My Feedback: (9)

Well, how do you like it? I have the 6EXA radio and I was thinking of upgrading it. I want to get your opinion of it since you just purchased it.

Manny
Old 08-13-2005, 12:14 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

manny I myself have one of these radios and I like it. it's doesn't totally suite my needs for my ultra stick. But all in all I think this radio is a pretty powerfull radio for most people. It has a lot of nice features, but there is some things it's not capable of. I like mine and it does suite my needs for most common airplanes all the way up to just shy of my quad flap aerobatic airplane. I still am going to fly the ultra stick on my 7c even with it being slightly limiting as soon as I got the motor.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:06 AM
aeajr

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

For the Ultra Stick you need the 4 servo wing programming. You have to go to the 9C or the Hitec Eclipse 7 for that. I am sure the JR 9303 and the Airtronics Stylus have this too.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:41 AM
rjbarthel

Ive got a 9C and a 7C and I love them both. the one thing I like better about my 7 over the 9 is the bigger screen fonts. I like the big and bold number and letter of the 7. If I had to do it all over again Id buy them both again .