Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Mpx 3030 Servo Centers

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 08:07 PM
stephen.s1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mpx 3030 Servo Centers

Is my 3030 unique in the fact that in order to utilise full servo movement the servo center must be set to -10%? Servos tested were HiTech and Mpx.

Before this was done, the servo would be all out of travel before the stick hit it's stop on one side.

Is there a fix for this?

Many thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Steve Syrotiak
Old 10-29-2002, 10:53 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Mpx 3030 Servo Centers

It is behaving correctly. But it's more than just the centres that need to be adjusted! This is because Mpx works on a different timing pulse to the standard adopted by everyone else.

If you use Mpx servos with Mpx own plugs then you need make no adjustment. If you use any other make of servo, or Mpx servos with JR plugs, then you need to set the servo centre to minus 9% or minus 10% and reduce the travel in both directions to 72% to emulate a Japanese Tx at 100%.

You can make the adjustments in servos or controls, I advise very strongly to do it in servos and not in controls. I can't remember why but I did an awful lot of testing of it a couple of years ago and reached that conclusion - it was something to do with the subsequent confusion it could cause in mixing.

What a hassle to have to do this for every new model you create, so create a master model with these settings already in place for servos 1 to 4 and when you need a new model copy from the master to an empty memory. Then you only have to remember to do it for any additional servos. Also when you assign a servo whose travel is 72%, to a mixer, it sets the travel back to 100% but keeps the offset centre, so if you do any mixing remember to turn the travel back down to 72%.

You can increase travel (e.g JR allows travel up to 150%) but for the 3030 this means max travel is 99%. If you use any more you will hit the servo's end stop which is not a good thing.

This all sounds like a hassle but in practice I never found that it got in the way or slowed me down.

Harry