Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX-7

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 02:26 PM
jlkonn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX-7

Aerobob and Dick,
I have a DX7 programming question.
I am running two elevator servos on two seperate channels...
"elev" and "aux2"
I want to mix in a very slight amount of down elevator at low throttle.
Right now I am using "prog mix 1" with "thro" as master and "elev" as slave.
At low stick I am mixing -10% for trial.
When observing the elevator halves themselves or watching the servo travel screen on the transmitter I don't get them moving the same amount.
It appears aux2 moves at a different time relative to slow movement of the throttle stick.
If I put some (-) offset on mix 1 the movement seems to be together but now it appears aux2 is not at neutral on the servo travel screen at high thottle stick.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!
JLK
Old 05-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Rod Bender

I guess I should get one of these and start the programming, this is a long thread tutorial, great stuff ........ Greg
Old 05-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

John, let me check my systems..... sounds not right. I have a pitch mix on my Extra.... and don't recall seeing a "rate" of mix difference, but I'll check it out.

Also - got my 9303 module, already bound to the Extra (AR 7000 on board, works fine, no need to change), probably will test hop tomorrow. Very straightforward, although the connector sticking out the back of the module kind of bites... more "tray carving" in my future... but for now, can do neckstrap.

BTW - using the values from the DX 7 and programming into the 9303, all's well. Not any difference visible to the naked eye. Proof of the compatibility will be in the throttle settings.... will let you all know on a different thread.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Gordito Volador

Jlkonn,

You have to use P-Mix 5 or 6 to have the trims in the master channel work on the slave channel.

Regards, Bill
Old 05-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Bob Pastorello

Bill, I think he is talking about asymmetric response to stick movement, saying that one elev. half lags the other in the mix portion from the master channel. I'm only using one mix, I think mix 2, to mix RUDD > ELEV, and it is moving both halves.

That mod to the 9303 module/TX on that other forum is just incredible........
Old 05-18-2007, 06:58 PM
jlkonn

Bill!
Dog gone it!!!!!!!!!!
I knew that!
I guess my brain wasn't engaged!
Thanks a bunch!
JLK
Old 05-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Gordito Volador

Jlkonn,

Cool, glad it worked. I spent hours learning that one.

Bob,

That mod is terrific. I also bought a 2.4 Gig router antenna at radio Shack today for $9.95 on sale with an SMA connector. It has 4.5dBi gain. I'll try the range check with it this weekend. I want to do the "mod" but it is nice to know that I have the option to put an antenna right on the module.

Regards, Bill
Old 05-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Bob Pastorello

Well.... this is very interesting. I checked my Ultimate bipe, only using about 4%.... nearly impossible to really tell. SO I dialed it up to about 25% mix (a value that would never be used) of RUDD > ELEV. Both elevator halves moved appropriately, and the correct amount, but only after the "first" bit off center. Easily discernible.... could see it. The FIRST 'bump', my left elevator half moved first, ever so slightly, then the right. The very next "bit" of position info, they both moved together, and from then on throughout the range of rudder.

Or so it looks to me.
At the smaller, true mix value, I don't think it would make a shred of difference since it is the movement closest to center. BUt I could be wrong.

Interesting observation....
ORIGINAL: jlkonn

Aerobob and Dick,
I have a DX7 programming question.
I am running two elevator servos on two seperate channels...
"elev" and "aux2"
I want to mix in a very slight amount of down elevator at low throttle.
Right now I am using "prog mix 1" with "thro" as master and "elev" as slave.
At low stick I am mixing -10% for trial.
When observing the elevator halves themselves or watching the servo travel screen on the transmitter I don't get them moving the same amount.
It appears aux2 moves at a different time relative to slow movement of the throttle stick.
If I put some (-) offset on mix 1 the movement seems to be together but now it appears aux2 is not at neutral on the servo travel screen at high thottle stick.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!
JLK
Old 05-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Bob Pastorello

Well.... ya'll.... simultaneous posting will get us every time. Evidently John was concerned about "trim mastering". My misunderstanding. So I researched the "mix lead/lag" and FOUND it. Now aint' THAT somethin'.....????

Bill -- PM me full details on the antenna parts, etc.... if you would. Cool stuff we're learning daily here.

ORIGINAL: Gordito Volador

Jlkonn,

Cool, glad it worked. I spent hours learning that one.

Bob,

That mod is terrific. I also bought a 2.4 Gig router antenna at radio Shack today for $9.95 on sale with an SMA connector. It has 4.5dBi gain. I'll try the range check with it this weekend. I want to do the "mod" but it is nice to know that I have the option to put an antenna right on the module.

Regards, Bill
Old 05-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Gordito Volador

Hey Guys,

The Spektrum / JR alliance just keeps getting better!

Bob,

Sent you a PM.

Regards, Bill
Old 05-19-2007, 04:02 PM
the iceman

what charge adaptor do u use for the dx7, can u use the jr one? can u link it to me on towerhobbie thanks
Old 05-19-2007, 09:30 PM
69 roadrunner

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please how do you get duel servos to work on the elevator all i get is one side to work please any help would be a great help THE RUNNER
Old 05-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Bob Pastorello

See www.rcaerobats.net , go to "Spektrum DX7 Radio" link from main page. Should answer all your questions.
It's my website, but there have been lots of contributors through the months.

ORIGINAL: 69 roadrunner

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please how do you get duel servos to work on the elevator all i get is one side to work please any help would be a great help THE RUNNER
Old 05-19-2007, 10:38 PM
69 roadrunner

THANKS FOR THE HELP BUT MABY IAM BLIND I STILL CANT FIND OUT HOW TO GET BOTH ELEVATOR SERVOS TO WORK THE RUNNER
Old 05-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

DX7 Setup

Receiver Connections
1. right side elevator into ELEV channel
2. Left Side elevator into AUX 2 channel
3. Right Side aileron into AIL channel
4. Left side aileron into FLAP (AUX 1) channel
5. Rudder and Throttle into the normal channels

Transmitter Programming

1. Go into the Set-up mode (hold down scroll and select keys while turning on tx)
2. scroll to the Input Select screen
3. Set Aux2 to INH, AUX2 TRIM to INH, FLAP to INH, FLAP TRIM to INH
This turns off both of these channels from the levers and switches. This is the proper way to do this, not using P-mixes or Travel adjust.
4. Scroll to Wing Type
5. Activate Flaperon

Elevator Set up

1. Power off tx and turn back on. Go to normal programming mode
2. Scroll to P-mix 6. Set ELEV as master and AUX2 as slave.
3. Scroll to Sub Trim and set the neutral for the right side elevator with ELEV channel and the neutral for the left side elevator with AUX2.
4. Scroll to Travel Adjust. Set the desired travel for the right side elevator with the ELEV adjustment.
5. Scroll back to P-Mix 6 and tweak the travel of the left side elevator to match the right side with the mix values, for each stick direction.

Aileron Set-up

1. Go to normal programming mode
2. Scroll to Sub Trim and set the neutral for the right side aileron with AILE channel and the neutral for the left side aileron with FLAP channel.
3. Scroll to Travel Adjust. Set the desired travel for the right side aileron with the AILE adjustment.
4. Set the travel of the left side aileron to match the right in both stick directions with the FLAP channel in Travel Adjust.

From here forward everything will work as if the elevator and ailerons were off of one channel. i.e. DR, expo, p-mixing for pitch or roll coupling.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:29 AM
Bob Pastorello

Here.
http://www.rcaerobats.net/Spektrum/d...l_ailerons.htm

ORIGINAL: 69 roadrunner

THANKS FOR THE HELP BUT MABY IAM BLIND I STILL CANT FIND OUT HOW TO GET BOTH ELEVATOR SERVOS TO WORK THE RUNNER
Old 05-25-2007, 08:40 AM
FliteMetal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI:To answer some questions jet jocks and natural finished warbird builders might have we have posted the results of a test conducted by George Maiorana using his TU4. http://004edc4.netsolhost.com/fm__spread_spectrum.htm
Old 05-25-2007, 09:11 AM
smooreace

Impressive, yet expected. Thanks for the work
Old 05-25-2007, 11:38 AM
alcarafa

Any of you guys knows if the DX7 sistem works with bidirectional response?

What about the reciever voltage variation tolerance, I read there was some problem with this, some people say its better to use a 6 volt batt for the reciever and problem will be solved .

Still Horizon recommended to use a voltage protector This looks like a fix for low voltage re-boot issue

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM1600

Up to now I have not had any problems about this issue, but I think is best to cover any chances.

Txs to all you for your response.

Rafa
Old 05-25-2007, 11:57 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Horizon site says it is for 1/12 carpet racers when using 4.8volts, I only use 6volts anyway.

Mike
Old 05-26-2007, 06:02 AM
Richi-d

Hi Guys,

can anyone help me programming individual fail safe positions with the DX7? The instruction helps me only to programm the throttle failsafe position.
I want for example programm the AUX2 to a failsafe position. Now its only in hold.
I want use it with the brand new RRS Module...
Old 05-26-2007, 06:32 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the DX7, only the throttle can be programmed to shut off. All others stay at hold position after binding.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:36 AM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

ORIGINAL: Richi-d

Hi Guys,

can anyone help me programming individual fail safe positions with the DX7? The instruction helps me only to programm the throttle failsafe position.
I want for example programm the AUX2 to a failsafe position. Now its only in hold.
I want use it with the brand new RRS Module...
The DX7 ONLY offers a programmable fail safe position for the throttle. All other positions will hold. Check out this reference page (thanks Aerobob!) for more information about this issue and a lot of other useful Spektrum stuff.

[link=http://www.rcaerobats.net/Spektrum/dx_7_main_page.htm]http://www.rcaerobats.net/Spektrum/dx_7_main_page.htm[/link]
Old 05-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Richi-d

Hi,
o.k. thats not good. What is the thing with the "smart-safe"? When I turn on the RX and the Transmitter is off for a short time the rudders go to the programmed failsafe. Not only throttle...
Old 05-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Bob Pastorello

What really is going on is that the RX "remembers" the control surface positions (including throttle) that are held at the time the bind button is pressed. Then, after binding, when you first turn on the Rx (if the TX is off), the "no signal" settings that were stored at the binding is where everything goes to. When you turn on the Tx after that, of course the RX then goes to the current transmitted signal.
If you then LOSE the TX signal for some reason, the RX will again return all the settings to those that were stored at Binding.

I think that's what Spektrum calls "Smart Safe", but I've found it to be pretty useless in gas aerobats.

ORIGINAL: Richi-d

Hi,
o.k. thats not good. What is the thing with the "smart-safe"? When I turn on the RX and the Transmitter is off for a short time the rudders go to the programmed failsafe. Not only throttle...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.