Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Nomadio FULL Range 2.4Ghz aircraft radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 02:48 PM
cadconversions
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nomadio FULL Range 2.4Ghz aircraft radio

The rx voltage is the biggest - make sure the rx can handle it. As long as it can, the servos can be produced to handle the increased voltage. The 5955's / 5995's are robot servos that we use in RC airplanes and can handle the higher voltage.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Nomadio_Sales

LOL our current car 4ch receiver handles up to 22v and 9a
Old 01-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Nomadio_Sales

By the way I know this is bad form but the design team would is reading on the Nomadio forum now they said it just to much to keep up on 4 forums.. LAZY EEs
Old 01-27-2007, 07:54 PM
kgfly

ORIGINAL: cadconversions

ORIGINAL: dick Hanson

Don't like regulators -neither do I
I am switching over to A123 cells running em direct in my models
All in all they easily beat the present LiIon technology -not quite as light as LiIon but in all other respects far better. they provide incredibly quick operation used with my DX7. Nominal voltage is 3.6 per cell.
So, you go 2 - A123 cells without regulators into the rx? Can't you quick charge them as well?
A123 cell specifications are: Nominal 3.3V (3.6V fully charged, 2.5V ~90% discharged, 2.0V 100% discharged,), 2300mAh capacity, fast charge at up to 10A (4C => 15 min), 1000 cycles @ 10C to 100%discharge, 70g/cell. See here: http://www.a123systems.com/html/products/cells.html

So a 2S1P 2300mAh Rx pack would weigh about 150g with operating voltage in the range 7.2V to 5.0V but around 6.5V for most of the charge.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:10 PM
subraptor

Karlton
The 4/7 channel radio that you have coming out first, will that have heli setting or plane and car only? As I fly helis mainly but I have plane aswell.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Wreno

ORIGINAL: kgfly

ORIGINAL: dick Hanson

Don't like regulators -neither do I
I am switching over to A123 cells running em direct in my models
All in all they easily beat the present LiIon technology -not quite as light as LiIon but in all other respects far better. they provide incredibly quick operation used with my DX7. Nominal voltage is 3.6 per cell.
So, you go 2 - A123 cells without regulators into the rx? Can't you quick charge them as well?
A123 cell specifications are: Nominal 3.3V (3.6V fully charged, 2.5V ~90% discharged, 2.0V 100% discharged,), 2300mAh capacity, fast charge at up to 10A (4C => 15 min), 1000 cycles @ 10C to 100%discharge, 70g/cell. See here: http://www.a123systems.com/html/products/cells.html

So a 2S1P 2300mAh Rx pack would weigh about 150g with operating voltage in the range 7.2V to 5.0V but around 6.5V for most of the charge.
Hmmm. As I suspected from the specs, a Litium Ion cell. For planes under dry conditions, maybe OK, but for boats and RC Warship combat, or cars slogging through mud and water, these are contraindicated. I would actually be nervous in planes under conditions where condensation can take place (including taking them out of a nice, air conditioned car, on a warm, humid day). As I read from the battery "esperts" LiIon are highly subject to a pretty spectacular explosion when wet, due to the reaction of Lithium with water. The various spec sheets I have read frequently mention keeping away from water, and anecdotal evidence also supports it (one guy in another ship club had a ship largely destroyed while it was sitting in the back of his pickup, on the way home, after a dunking, LiPo, which has the Lithium bound up in a polymer, are much less problematic.

Just thought you might want to be aware.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:14 AM
Wreno

Ok, just finding this thread but here's my thoughts.

Receivers:

1. I can't believe no one has said this, or I've overlooked it, but I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of having to use a regulator with my receivers. Make them li-po friendly with a voltage aleart around 6.3 volts so you have time to land and recharge. I know that only the 5955's can run on 7.4v right now (not advertised but they do) but it would force the manufacture's hand as well and they'll give us some servos that will work with it. To me, that's huge!

2. The other huge thing that's never been done is to put a deans (I prefer Anderon Powerpoles) on the rx case so that the batteries can go through the connector that's rated higher than 3 amps. With today's high draw digitial servos, we need more than 3 amps! Look at the companies and the people that spend hundred of dollars on items to regulate and then to provide upwards of 3 connectors to the rx to try to hold the power required. Possibly add a second input for redundancy but for those that want that, they could buy a dual battery setup from smart-fly...

No regulators, no wimpy connectors, and that means no competitors.... The way I figure, each servo connector is fine since there's only one servo going through each connector. However, a single servo lead can't handle the loads required of all of the servos. Powerpoles or Deans can!

That's it for now, really got to get to bed. I think this list will give you a couple of things to think about
Cadconversions,

You do realize it is easy to hook up lots of high amp servos, totally bypassing the radio connectors for oomph, right?

You only have to have ground and signal from the servo hooked to the radio (for the position signal). Positive can be routed to a totally separate power source. This was pretty common before the BEC days (hence BEC - Battery Eliminator Circuit). You need to run 10 each 10 amp servos, at 12v (if you have such) go right ahead, and use whatever connectors you want. Just run a 2 wire (ground and signal) tap to the radio from each servo. Of course you want to make sure everything has a common ground...

Actually, some people recommend a separate power source for servos to help reduce glitches due to noisy servos. This is also a common recommendation when interfacing servos to microcontrollers.

Wreno

Old 01-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

You need to register to view the posts on Nomadios forum and your post will be deleted if you ask when...so it says
Old 01-30-2007, 06:06 AM
Julez

Hi!

There are rumors told at RCGroups that Nomadio might be thinking about making their planned TX compatible with the XPS system, or even about licensing the whole XPS transmitting technology.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4358

This sounds too good to be true, but I have to ask nonetheless:

Is it true?

Cheers,

Julez
Old 01-30-2007, 11:31 AM
rivers

Hi, Re. the 4/7 ch system. I would like to see a very compact transmitter size. Something that's easily packed for commercial air travel. Ideally, the antenna would be removable or collapsible, again for easy packing.
rivers
Old 01-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Nomadio_Sales

I put a 4ch react board in a MPX Pico case no antenna exposed out of the case it works Just as a proof of concept
Old 01-30-2007, 12:35 PM
olstoney
My Feedback: (19)

Karlton,
Better start gettin jiggy wid it . Couldn't wait any longer as the technology is available, so I bought a DX 7 to use until something better is available. Should have no problem peddling the DX 7 when the time comes .
Old 01-30-2007, 02:29 PM
NdFrSpeed
My Feedback: (1)

This should get interesting in a couple of months,,Nomadio,comeing out with TX like the 14Z,,full of whistles and bells,,,but more channels,,,Xtr,comeing out with modules to fit the type of Radios people are useing now,,If i read right,,Xtr has been testing a module in a JR 10X allready,,should be interesting in the next few months,,

NdFrSpeed
Old 01-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Nomadio_Sales

We are not going to rush it to market that is for sure. But we already can talk their receivers so you can use our radios with their receivers you had to use.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:53 PM
subraptor

Karlton thats great to hear, any of the other big companies wouldn't do this to try to make more money for them selfs but you guys are looking at the bigger picture (helping the customer) which is rare these days, fair play lads.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:10 PM
ChuckA

ORIGINAL: Nomadio_Sales

I put a 4ch react board in a MPX Pico case no antenna exposed out of the case it works Just as a proof of concept
The Pico case is the same as the Cockpit isn't it. If so, put this one in production with a 7 channel system and I will buy one instantly. The Cockpit has the best feel and balance of any transmitter I have ever used, and I have been flying RC for 50 years.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:47 PM
kgfly

ORIGINAL: Nomadio_Sales

We are not going to rush it to market that is for sure. But we already can talk their receivers so you can use our radios with their receivers you had to use.
Karlton,

Just to be clear, are you saying you can already talk to both Spektrum and XPS-XtremeLink receivers and that your new air radios will be able to be used with AR7000, AR6100, AR6000 and the full range of XPS/XL receivers so sunk investment in those Rx will be protected ?
Old 01-30-2007, 09:13 PM
zope_pope

Boy am i glad i found this thread before I went out and bought a 12z. I can't wait to hear more on this thing.

I am one who does like a product to look pretty though, so any concept art of what its going to look like would be great. I do like the way the Sensor looks. Crazy, sophisticated and original. Will the A/C radio be a multiplex design (like the react), or based on it and modified?
Old 02-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Mr. Mugen

So I have this 1000.00 burning a hole in my pocket......lol. Still have it in the safe for this radio. Really excited to get one! Is there a way to get you to email me when it's released? I can pre order if nessessary too. Just let me know how you would like the funds
Old 03-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Julez

Hi!

I just read that Futaba was licensing Nomadio technology for their 2.4GHz stuff...
Any comments on this topic? Perhaps this would allow Nomadio to work with Futaba RXes?
And what about the rumored compatibility with XPS?

Cheers,

Julez
Old 03-10-2007, 10:34 AM
d_wheel

ORIGINAL: Julez

Hi!

I just read that Futaba was licensing Nomadio technology for their 2.4GHz stuff...
Any comments on this topic? Perhaps this would allow Nomadio to work with Futaba RXes?
And what about the rumored compatibility with XPS?

Cheers,

Julez
Just curious, where did you read this?

Later;

D.W.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:38 PM
NdFrSpeed
My Feedback: (1)

Julez

I dont think id be holding my breath for that to happen.

NdFrSpeed
Old 03-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Julez

Hi!

I read it here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...86#post7066086

Yeah, I'm not really holding my breath as Futaba Modules are just a rumor yet, so I'll stick to XPS for the beginning. But compatiblity is always nice, I think. And therefor I really HOPE that Nomadio will be able to work with XPS.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:03 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

I wouldn't consider that rumor to be anything more than uninformed speculation. There's no source for it and there's no reason to give it any credence.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:46 PM
d_wheel

ORIGINAL: Julez

Hi!

I read it here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...86#post7066086

Yeah, I'm not really holding my breath as Futaba Modules are just a rumor yet, so I'll stick to XPS for the beginning. But compatiblity is always nice, I think. And therefor I really HOPE that Nomadio will be able to work with XPS.
That's someone saying "I heard it" without giving a source. Might be true but so far I can see no substance to the statement.

Later;

D.W.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.