Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 12FG Press Release Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:55 PM
da_man
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 12FG Press Release Announcement

It seems like just yesterday futaba was advertising how revolutionary dual core proccessors and G3 PCM gives a real time response. I guess I should have waited a little while before I bought my 14mz. Now I feel like I need to make a Frankenstein style transmitter to get the same response as a 200-300$ 6 channel FASST system. []
Old 04-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Flying Kiwi

Have closer look at the advert this is not Fasst System it is PCM G3.

I'm sitting in Tokyo right now and have yet to see any 2.4 Ghz here. I'm not sure but I think they may be limited to very low power on this band in Japan making full range systems impractical.

Brian
Old 04-12-2007, 10:08 AM
pilotpete2

ORIGINAL: Flying Kiwi
Have closer look at the advert this is not Fasst System it is PCM G3.
Brian
HUH????
http://2.4gigahertz.com/radios/futk9275.html
Pete
Old 04-13-2007, 01:57 AM
Flying Kiwi

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2
HUH????
http://2.4gigahertz.com/radios/futk9275.html
Pete
[/quote]

This advert is from Hobbico for the US (and the rest of the world?) the one in the link posted previously was from Futaba Japan http://www.rc.futaba.co.jp/hobby/index.cfm.

Here in Japan they don't seem to be jumping on the 2.4 wagon there must be reason.

Brian
Old 04-15-2007, 06:40 AM
hanoiboi

My 9C is still faster than my thumbs. Why do I need 12.5 GHz? Maybe to show my fumbling technique more precisely, I dunno.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Unstable

[link=http://2.4gigahertz.com/modules/futl7637.html]http://2.4gigahertz.com/modules/futl7637.html[/link]

8 ch modules for the 9C, 9Z, 8U, and 7U out early summer

7 channel out just before
just when i though i didnt need any more radio gear......
Old 04-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Nogyro
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: hanoiboi

My 9C is still faster than my thumbs. Why do I need 12.5 GHz? Maybe to show my fumbling technique more precisely, I dunno.
I hear ya! I'm running 75% expo on 3D rates now, don't think I need faster response time.........

Now for the no glitching, getting shot down, etc benefits......that would be nice.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:30 PM
pilotpete2

You to, huh!
For the past 20 years that I've been flying R/C I keep hearing this gltch sh!$ maybe it's just me, but I don't get it (glitches that is), what am I doin wrong[:-]. I have been hit (momentary "turn on, on my channel) once and I luckily did not crash. In those 20 years I have witnessed countless "I don't got it's" and if the truth were told almost all were due to "dumb thumbs" (the low inverted pass, I got hit!, yeah right) or the obvious total radio failure from 400+ feet, where even the throttle was unresponsive (for some reason radios don't work too good without a good source of DC
Now, am I excited about the prospect of getting an SS module for my 9Cs, you bet your duppa!
But would I run out and spend $X00.00 bucks on all new SS receivers all at one shot? Not a chance!
This is just my take or perspective, and others mileage will vary, those who fly in areas with a lot of interference will certainly have a higher priority to switch pronto, and if you're a parkflyer, it's the only way to go
regards to all,
Pete
Old 04-15-2007, 02:58 PM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the past 20 years that I've been flying R/C I keep hearing this gltch sh!$ maybe it's just me, but I don't get it (glitches that is), what am I doin wrong .
Since I retired a Kraft that always glitched at one part of the flight field I don’t remember a glitch other than a couple of battery failures but maybe I don’t fly well enough to notice the difference.

However there are over 130 newer homes with children reaching teenage years close to my flight field who might become interested in radio control. I am also excited about the prospect of avoiding conflict with the teenager or father who gets a new radio that just happens to be on the frequency that I use. It would be almost impossible to identify a turn on crash from a transmitter a half-mile away.

Meanwhile I am looking forward to a transition strategy to move gazillion airplanes to a safer flying condition.

Bill
Old 04-16-2007, 10:02 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

I am watching these threads to keep up with the features of the two 12 channel systems that have been announced. Many years ago I switched from Futaba to Hitec radios due to some issues with my Futaba gear, and the fact that JR cost twice as much for the same basic features as Hitec (at the time).

Looking at the new offerings, I notice the use of an SD card in the Futaba system for model programming storage. This looks to be a great feature I don't see on the other system, so maybe I may end up back with a Futaba tranny.

I also like the looks of the reciever setup with both antenna in one small package compared to the satellite receiver on the other systems.

I look forward to more complete information on both systems, these new radios are interesting!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:56 AM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

Please run, leap, jump into 2.4Ghz, and leave me behind on soon to be very quiet 72Mhz channels! I'm going nowhere. Innovation = gimmicks for profit, not fixing something that's proven reliable for decades. Please, drive those 9C prices down for me, thanks.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:05 AM
jkalgren
My Feedback: (1)

Gotta say I agree with that sentiment. With my Polk's Tracker III, for $200 I was able to fly on any of the 72MHz channels... both transmitter and receiver were synthesized. Also can fly anything with a standard FM receiver in it regardless of shift, with 100 model memory on the transmitter.

With the mass exodus to 2.4GHz... that should free up some more receivers that I can get cheap from fellow club members who are upgrading... I should be good with my Polk's for a long time to come.

Jason
Old 04-17-2007, 11:28 AM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

It's not necessarily that 2.4 is the newest gimmick out there. It's the freedom from worrying about some other person turning on a Tx with your channel, or maybe the RF interference from a loose clevis or bolt won't bring you down, not to mention the fredom of not having to separate your gas ignition battery and stuff by quite so far..... Even if you're the only person with a 72 radio, you'll be susceptible to those things...
My Two Cents,
Sam
Old 04-18-2007, 12:36 PM
rambler53

If someone shoots me down, he's got a serious problem being so careless. One of two things from there happen, he buys me a new plane, or I drive over his plane pulling out. A loose clevis? I guess I'd be far more worried which control surface is going to loose function more than RF. These issues brought out are very remote. The fact of the matter is people will make any excuse to justify blowing more money on their addiction and are used to giving their wives the line of BS. I don't encounter frequency control issues. I don't encounter loose clevis's, especially doing a pre-flight check. You might want to call Larry at Space Coast Hobbies in Palm Bay and ask him how much of a hassle it was when his JR 2.Ghz was replaced after he lost his heli from a bad receiver. He isn't delighted with new bugs found in this so called secure technology, and the word where he works is spreading fast, including this post. JR replaced the whole unit, but not a piece of the heli. If he stayed with 72Mhz...
Old 04-18-2007, 01:40 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I didn't know JR made a 2.4 ghz yet?
Regarding 72 mhz. It's been around for a long time but that's not to say it's been a totally smooth ride.
72 Mhz has its problems and its a pretty simple concept to improve on the transmission of our radios.
If you recall before 72mhz we were flying on 27 mhz.. that changed to a more secure band...That's exactly the same thing that's happening now..

Near immunity from radio interference is pretty dang good to my way of thinking.. )
Old 04-18-2007, 02:23 PM
pilotpete2

ORIGINAL: BobH

Near immunity from radio interference is pretty dang good to my way of thinking.. )
The operative word here is "near"
Sure the freedom from shootdowns is very important, but in 20 years of flying I have never lost a plane to radio problems (I will sooo pay for saying that) only one "turn on" that almost got me. Their is no substitute for a good radio installation, metal to metal contact is too easy to avoid for it to be an issue, engine got a metal throttle arm?? that's what nylon clevises were made for[8D]. More planes are lost to battery issues, bad switch harnesses and other mostly avoidable causes. Oh yeah, I forgot Dumb thumbs!!
This is only my two cents, and I fully realise that some will be flying in situations where outside interference is a major issue. Some of my more accomplished flying buddies are very interested in getting 2.4 modules for when they travel to competitions, since that's where it seems that shootdowns are a very real threat. Personally I look forward to trying a module in my 9Cs, most likely Futaba, but I will certainly consider the XPS offering. at this point in time I see no earthly reason to dump my collection of tried and true dual conversion receivers just to have the "latest & greatest"

Now as to JR making a 2.4GHz radio, what do you think a DX6 is, and since there will never be a DX9, as the JR X9303 2.4GHz has been announced. Handwriting was on the wall all the time A very smart, and sucessful way to launch a new technology
Pete
Old 04-19-2007, 04:05 PM
rambler53

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2

ORIGINAL: BobH

The operative word here is "near"
..............at this point in time I see no earthly reason to dump my collection of tried and true dual conversion receivers just to have the "latest & greatest"

Now as to JR making a 2.4GHz radio, what do you think a DX6 is.......
Thanks, written better than I could put it. 2.4Ghz is certainly interesting to read about. Futaba seems to have an edge over the DX7 but that's reading Futaba literature, not JR. If I was in the market to replace my 9CAP / synthesized module, I'd look more seriously at it. Kind of like Windows Vista vs XP for the next two years. Jumping ahead now seems a little premature. DX7 was $299 but street price seems to be $347, Futaba is $219...

The advertising says "Futaba has been using Spread Spectrum technology for nearly 15 years in industrial R/C applications, so they have the dedicated engineering staff with 2.4GHz expertise.......Continuous Channel Shifting - unlike other 2.4GHz systems that stay on one or two frequencies (leaving the potential for interference), the 2.4GHz FASST shifts every two milliseconds, so signal conflicts and interruptions are virtually impossible. " It's interesting how JR doesn't mention that potential interference which Futaba throws in their 2/10/07 press release! JR says they have a patent on their technology so you'd expect Futaba to use something else, right?
http://www.towerhobbies.com/rcwnews/...-futk6900.html
Old 04-19-2007, 04:31 PM
BobH

I used the word "near" for good reason..nothing's perfect!

To my knowledge there isn't any pricing on Futaba modules yet. They didn't have the prices at the Toledo show and said that they expect them in the near future.

The Hobby RC industry is not reinventing the wheel here with this technology. It's tried and true in many other applications. It's just new for us.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:02 PM
540horses

hi guys,you all have very good points and from the standpoint of someone who flys your average r/c arf with a tower 2 stroke. maybe jumping to 2.4 may be a waste.if you get a glitch once a year,big deal.now lets discuss expensve planes like my 33% 330L with a 10 horse da100. not only can a plane like that produce more rf possibilities from the ignition,it weighs 25lbs.it can cause severe property damage,loss of 4500.00 plane or easyily kill someone.the basis of this is not every one needs 2.4 however there are a lot of planes out there where a one a year GLITCH is to much. i currently fly a fut cap7 and have never experienced a glitch of any kind. however i beleive in preventative measures.i will still use my 72 for all my average glow planes but some require every possible advantage.piledrive a 5000.00 plane cause some moron turned on a radio and it may alter your perspective on this new technology. the fact of the matter is you are all right depending on the price of the bait on the line. just my 2 cents. 540horses
Old 04-29-2007, 12:26 AM
xcellheli

Tower has the pricing up for all but the 2.4 gigahertz versions of the 12FG. At 999.99 (I assume the 2.4 version will be the same) it looks like an awsome deal.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:27 AM
Flip and Fly

Thats good to hear. If the 2.4 comes out under 1G I'm bate.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Flip and Fly

Take a look at the Futaba 2.4 12FG now. Found this on there web sight. Looks like they just put a module in the 72 MHZ system. Still want one ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86523.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	675197  
Old 04-30-2007, 08:22 AM
BobH

Yep you are right. The Yellow Jug isn't 100 percent accurate but its pretty good. Plus you can dress it up to make an outstanding looking model. Aerotech's P-47 IS very accurate..but lots more $$...It's probably worth it if you are going to compete and want to score high.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:39 AM
NdFrSpeed

I think the picture of the 12FG your showing is the Mudule based 12FG,,heres a picture ive got of the 2.4 12FG look at the antenna placements

NdFrSpeed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48532.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	675277  
Old 04-30-2007, 10:58 AM
aviti
My Feedback: (54)

ORIGINAL: NdFrSpeed

I think the picture of the 12FG your showing is the Mudule based 12FG,,heres a picture ive got of the 2.4 12FG look at the antenna placements

NdFrSpeed
Futaba has confirmed that all the 12FG's (12Z and 14MZ's for that matter) are module based. The picture you posted was a photoshop. The module based systems are claimed to perform exactly the same as the dedicated Futaba 2.4 systems (6 channel existing and 7 channel announced).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.