Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

raido ?quasar 6

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 04:17 AM
cup305

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raido ?quasar 6

need input ,age,dependable,brand.any thing will help. thanks, cup305
Old 03-03-2003, 07:00 PM
RJConnet

Default Airtronics Quasar

I have a Quasar 6 Ch Tx that I bought new about 1993 or 94. I got the helicopter version as I had visions of flying a helicopter that never worked out. Anyway I have been using it to fly my Magic fun-fly type airplane and it works just fine. It has a three model memory and is one of the easiest programming computer radio I have run across. If the memory keep-alive cell has never been replaced it will probably need replacing by now, I had to replace mine last year.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:13 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Quasar

As the above post said. An early 90's Airtronics radio which got renamed to Radiant due to some brand name squabble or something. Should be OK.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:34 AM
Cuda

Default raido ?quasar 6

Airtronics, mid 90's. entry level computor. Easy to program. Like above, replace internal battery so you don't lose memory settings that you program, otherwise if transmitter pak is good then the reciever and servos are standard airtronics stuff and all will work well. I have one and still fly 3 sport planes on mine with excellent results. Cuda
Old 03-04-2003, 01:50 AM
cup305

Default raido ?quasar 6

thanks for the info everyone
Old 06-29-2003, 01:50 PM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Default Memory battery

Do I buy the battery for the internal memory and install or does Airtronics do that....Cost? Did Quasar change its name to Radiant and are they the same transmitter?
Old 06-29-2003, 09:12 PM
RJConnet

Default Airtronics Quasar

When my memory battery started going dead as evidenced by the memory settings going back to the factory defaults between uses. I called Airtronics about sending me a new battery, they insisted I send the Tx for service. I said thanks but no thanks please just send me the battery. It was rather tricky to install and I would not recommend it to anyone not familiar with soldering in tight places on printed circuit boards. I have no idea what they would charge but can't see them handling it for less than $25 to $40 plus shipping. At least I wouldn't do it for less.
RJ
Old 06-29-2003, 10:29 PM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Default raido ?quasar 6

Thanks for the info RJ....Richard