Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I need to know....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need to know....

Hi all,

I just bought a JR 9303 2.4 DSM system and I was advised by the LHS seller that the Heli system (the box says Helicopter) is the same thing for the aircraft system. I was told that you can change back and forth. I could not get information on Horizon site so is this true? I do not fly heli so I need to know before I open the box and ruin my chances of being able to exchange it. Thank you. DP
Old 10-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I need to know....

Only difference I can see would be no ratchet on the throttle, and the default 'new model' is going to be in helicopter mode, vs acro mode for the airplane radio.

Ther may be some switches different too, but i can't see why you wouldn't be able to change all of that too.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:56 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

All the labeling of the switches will be for heli. One difference is the gear switch for plane is on the top left and on heli it is top right. Dennis
Old 10-27-2007, 01:15 PM
aeajr

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

All the programming capability is the same.

I fly gliders and electric planes. I use a Futaba 9CH, helicopter radio because I liked the switch placement better and I like the smooth thottle stick.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Dai Phan

So the final verdict is what? Is it the same system except for some "user changes" that will then make it the A/C system? I am NOT talking about open the circuit board and make some modifications. Sorry for being naieve. Dai
Old 10-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Khatsalano

The DX7 Heli and the DX7 Airplane have the same differences... it's the same Tx with the exact same software. The only difference is that the flight mode and landing gear switches are on opposite sides, and that you have no ratchet on the throttle in the Heli version.

- K
Old 10-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

The programming on the two radios is exactly the same as others have said.

The differences are as noted; smooth throttle, slightly different switch placement, labeling and type, new model defaults to helis but an airplane is easily selected.

I flying mostly airplanes and got the heli version as I like the different switch placement, and smooth throttle (which can actually be setup on an air version as well). The heli version uses a spring loaded toggle switch on the top left rear should rather than the button on the air version for a trainer switch, as well as the three position switch being on the top left front shoulder rather than the face.

The slightly different switch labeling is causing me a bit of confusion as I learn to speak JR instead of Futaba, but I'd go to the heli version for airplanes again in a heartbeat....