Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!!

ORIGINAL: 1UGLYPUG

If you had been keeping up, you would have read where I tested the crashed RX and a good receiver with both the bad tx and a good tx,,
And if you were paying attention you would see that my comment was not directed at you, but rather at victorzamora

And let me say again how interesting it is to me that a small number of people seem to account for the majority of the problems. Time and again you read about one guy who loses 4 planes, while hundreds of others have no issues at all. But there is always a small minority who seem to be the ones with all the problems.

And Ugly, I did enjoy your idiotic attacks on me and my wife. Another sign of a person with some serious problems.

and, if you are such a baby that a little capital letters upsets you,,, it is a good thing you are not married,,, of do you just hide from your wife, as I know she gets after a baby like you a lot,,,, WAH WAH WAH,,,, DAY
I'm done. I hope your new transmitter makes you happy, but I am sure that if it doesn't YOU WILL BE ALL OVER THE INTERNET AGAIN LETTING US ALL KNOW HOW UNHAPPY YOU ARE.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Dick T.

I'm curious why it is the guys that have a crappy, obnoxious attitude are the same ones always having problems. A connection you think?

There is a whole new happy world out there when you take the sour off your puss!

The new transmitter will work fine if you don't gloom and doom it to death
I believe they have officially organized. They call it the "Bottom Feeders Club" complete with logo, stickers and patches.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Robotech

ORIGINAL: Dick T.

I'm curious why it is the guys that have a crappy, obnoxious attitude are the same ones always having problems. A connection you think?

There is a whole new happy world out there when you take the sour off your puss!

The new transmitter will work fine if you don't gloom and doom it to death
I believe they have officially organized. They call it the "Bottom Feeders Club" complete with logo, stickers and patches.
The only network carrying that story is MSNBC and they are reporting that the organization will be chaired by Barney Frank.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:45 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

you guys are about as accurate as CNN when it comes to getting the facts straight.

none of the bottom feeders have had any problems with any of the equipment, and generally are amoungst those trying to help the problems guys solve their problems.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Robotech

ORIGINAL: mongo

you guys are about as accurate as CNN when it comes to getting the facts straight.

none of the bottom feeders have had any problems with any of the equipment, and generally are amoungst those trying to help the problems guys solve their problems.
If you do some fact checking you might find that this type of thread if not this thread in particular was the inspiration for the "bottom feeder" label. If you did not partake in the manufacturer bashing, rumor mongoring or the speading of half-truths then you are not "bottom feeder" material. If you helped folks out and are a problem solver then you are strictly "top water" material.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:02 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

there in lies the irony.

none of the folks that had a problem with the topic of this thread are in the bottom feeder group.
none of the folks that complained so much about getting an explanation or fix for the problem as a topic in this thread, or the other complaint threads, is in the group.

however, those of us that bring real problems to light and spread the word quickly, get lumped in with the folks that complain about imaginary problems.

which brings us to the realization that CH's generalization of inet folks as complainers, web crawlers, and "bottom feeders" dosen't fit.
which may be why we like it.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Robotech

MMM. Maybe. It was one of those "if the shoe fits wear it" deals.

But whatever melts your butter.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Let's see what kind of attitude you would have if you had a bad radio that cost you 3 planes,, ,and when you got it back from being "repaired", it caused you to lose another plane,,,,, maybe if you were not so thick and quick to spout out slime at others, you could see the cause and effect of a bad radio on your attitude,,, I have no problems with the other identical 6EX FASST radio I have,,, but a piece of junk with an intermittent problem will ruin your attitude real quick,,,,, In fact, it was the other good transmitter that I used to prove the receivers were good, and the transmitter was junk,,, If I had the same attitude you have, I would wish you would get a bad radio and lose 4 planes,,, but, I am not like you,, I don't make smart remarks about the bad luck of others, and don't wish it on you,,,, DAY....
Actually did have the same problem many years ago with a then new to 72mhz PCS (made by top of the line company, "Kraft Systems"). Crashed three airplanes in a row, once when new, twice right after servicing. And that was in pre-ARF days when you had to build them from kits!

At the time, my Dad's hobby was electronics repair and he explained how difficult it is to find and fix an intermittent problem. So I communicated the issues to PCS. After polite telephone calls on all three occasions, they replaced it with a new one which worked perfectly.

Our hobby occasionally has buggy equipment. It is all part of the new technology risk (or any for that matter) in putting model airplanes into the air. I viewed it that way from the beginning so never got angry about it.

The internet provides avenues for exchanging valuable information as well as forums for bird-brains to pi$$ and moan about self induced problems. It really doesn't matter which category one falls into but being a sourpuss about anything rarely produces positive results.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:40 PM
walkermsg

Can't we all just be friends. Where did I hear that before ? I've been in the electronics repair business for 40 plus years. Intermittents can be really hard to find. First when you remove the item from its case it runs cooler. The tech have to produce and can't spend hours and hours on a radio that cost less than their labor. If I couldn't say " I gotch you ,you SOB.' then I knew I probably hadn't fixed it but it had to go back to the customer ASAP. We live in a "Throw away society" . Sometimes they use the shotgun approach and replace componets that may have caused the problem. You can cannot really be sure till you have the test equip hooked up and (see) the problem.
Anyway lets get back to RC subjects, OK?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:30 PM
1UGLYPUG

Sounds good to me,,, Maybe the caps letters police need to hear that,,, They started all the insults, so tell them to stop it. And, BTW, I was an electronics airborne radio technician and instructor in the USAF , so I know a little about finding intermittent problems. I used to find the problems on aircraft everyone else wrote off as CND,, which is can not duplicate for those not in electronics. All I know is that like you said, with RC electronics as cheap as you said, if they want to improve customer relations in a time when the economy is down, and market share is important, if you can not duplicate the problem, don't send a cheap radio back to the customer, which is the 6EX, so they lose a plane that cost more than the radio. I have already bought a spektrum DX7 and will probably not buy anymore of the 100 dollar futaba 7 channel RX when I can get a 5 channel Spektrum RX for 59 bucks. Since Futaba stopped making the 6 channel radio for the 6EX, and you have to buy the 7 channel, it is a rip off. After all, the reason I bought the 6EX was because the 6 channel RX was cheaper than the spektrum. When I think of all the 617 RX I bought, and all the Spektrum RX I could have bought,,, Now I just hope the "new" radio they sent back will be as good as the other 6EX I have. I can't afford to keep losing planes to see if the radio is good. At least the other one is working, and I have never lost a plane with that one.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:33 PM
1UGLYPUG

I brought to light a problem with a radio that had an intermittent problem, that was returned from Futaba, that was not fixed, and now they have finally sent me a new radio, confirming the fact that it indeed had a problem. And another individual mentioned that he also got a "repaired" radio back from futaba, that also was not fixed and he too lost a plane, one much more expensive than mine. And the majority of responses were attacks on me for using a 'ALL CAPS', with little interest in the facts, that the repair center at Futaba failed to fix a bad radio. Those attackers are the bottom feeders,,, they are little interested in real problems being pointed out which should be the reason for this site, so others can know of problems. They only want to attack someone for not adhering to their "standards" instead of concentrating on the facts. DAY
Old 03-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Dick T.

I brought to light a problem with a radio that had an intermittent problem, that was returned from Futaba, that was not fixed, and now they have finally sent me a new radio, confirming the fact that it indeed had a problem. And another individual mentioned that he also got a "repaired" radio back from futaba, that also was not fixed and he too lost a plane, one much more expensive than mine. And the majority of responses were attacks on me for using a 'ALL CAPS', with little interest in the facts, that the repair center at Futaba failed to fix a bad radio. Those attackers are the bottom feeders,,, they are little interested in real problems being pointed out which should be the reason for this site, so others can know of problems. They only want to attack someone for not adhering to their "standards" instead of concentrating on the facts. DAY
How much longer are you going to whine?

Nothing wrong with bringing a problem to light, it is the constant, carpy, everybody else is a dunderhead not kissing my booty delivery that gets annoying. Besides, since you were the Air Force electronics go to guy because everyone else was an incompetent boob, should have fixed it yourself.

Futaba couldn't fix it therefore replaced it. Be happy and move on.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:26 AM
1UGLYPUG

It was all the attacks from people like you, and whiners about using all caps that ruined this thread. Without a workbench with all the test equipment and signal generators etc you cannot fix the complicated electronics of today. Your attack about fixing it myself is pointless and just proves my point. I am not whining, but only pointing out the facts that the radio was bad,, which the whiners on here could not accept , and now that Futaba has replaced the radio, I was proven right.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Dick T.

It was all the attacks from people like you, and whiners about using all caps that ruined this thread. Without a workbench with all the test equipment and signal generators etc you cannot fix the complicated electronics of today. Your attack about fixing it myself is pointless and just proves my point. I am not whining, but only pointing out the facts that the radio was bad,, which the whiners on here could not accept , and now that Futaba has replaced the radio, I was proven right.
Don't really recall anyone taking issue with the fact the transmitter was defective.

Why beat up the Futaba service center/ They probably don't have all the equipment either. Todays transmitters don't really have much inside so tiny board swaps, gimbal pots, switches/buttons and cable connectors are readily changed out, scoped, aligned, tested to specs and sent back. Sometimes the gremlin is never found...that is electronics....that is life!

Don't recall anyone saying you were wrong but there was an awful lot of unnecessary bleating to make this point.

Carry on and have a good day.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:32 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It appears that the personal attacks are going to continue, so we shall close this one down. Thanks Dave